deleted user

I have 45 days and 22 hours to finish making a game with three cool dudes or my heart will explode

So I'm part of a university course that implants a small device near our hearts. Y'know, so we'd get shit done by the deadlines. These past years have been full of sleepless nights, mainly horribly anxiety relating to the small bomb. That shit will mess with your head.

Anyway, final deadline coming up, we just finished making this other 2D game, now we're finishing a 3D one. Not too bad, moving up a dimension on average about every 2 months. By this rate we should transcend time in about a year.

It's called Impermanence and it's about all sort of plot points and game mechanics. One of the mechanics is being able to move forward and backwards. Another one is how you have this light that can bring stuff from another world into existence.

We have all this story about how a greek girl destroyed death and you have to deal with floating in an eternal abyss in a never dying state. I'm trying to pitch about 3 hours of blackness before you can quit the game, but my mates aren't to fond of the idea.

This is one of the times where I go into just the right amount of shock, that I don't even care about the heart bomb. During these times I like to register on forums and show off the stuff I did while trying to keep my focus from the constant ticking eminating from my chest.

EO6854J.png?1

I'm rigging and modelling the main characters. It's probably taking too long, the tick tick ticking is getting louder. Because of the ever increasing ticking, I also did a bit of an experiment in Motion Capture too.

Here's the test if you fancy.

And here is about 10 hours of me recording it:

That last one took about 25 minutes to compose. The periods where my mind blocks out the ticking are starting to get longer.

I also invented a new type of fan at one point.

You could say I am a fan of this fan, but please do not. I could say, "the holocaust never happened", but I don't, that would be rude.

Oh my, I can feel the tock, it won't be soon until I hear the tick. I'll come back later, next time I'm near a magnet. I'll leave you with some of the raddest animation we've finished with.

Hot damn this sounds intense! Someone should make a movie someday about this thrilling experience you find yourselves in. Are the clocks surgically removed upon receiving a passing grade or do they just reset for the next project until you graduate cum laude? Or is it like Speed where you have to keep up momentum and not turn into a slacker or dropout lest you get splattered?

Kudos on doing facial motion capture on a student project! I would have never dared venture into such technological lands. Game looks and sound cool, looking forward to seeing what you guys make of it.

Ugh, sorry about that first post there. I was trying to do an all nighter to fix my sleeping habit, sorta worked but not as much as I hoped; sure was fun though.

Anyway I'm nearly done with the rigging now.

dqjjfpY.png

Awesome doing motion capture for a student project!
What program/tools did you use for the motion capture? 

The characters looks really rad!
cheers

I used my mate's camera and Autodesk Matchmover 2014, which looks like it hasn't been updated since 1994. Still though, the algorithm is alright. It give me 2D location information that I use to translate 2D controls that make 3D aim transformations.

When I did my innovations project, I tried to get fancy by calculating the rotation and position of the head via the four corners. My math was dumb and it looks terrible and it led to terrible nights of manual tweaking. 7 minutes of animation is not something you'd want to do in a single week.

We're going to be borrowing a kinect (cheap stereocam), to do some proper good facial capture which is more based on blendshapes than bone controls. The software we're using has a bonus of not being coded by me, but instead competent people who know about things like pointers and for loops.

Awesome doing motion capture for a student project!
What program/tools did you use for the motion capture? 

The characters looks really rad!
cheers

Would it be terrible of me to post a rig I'm working on, in hopes of someone helping me with a problem? It's related to the most recent picture I posted. Basically expressions aren't always being evaluated, especially when you undo or enter a number into the channel box. I made a button which corrects it when it happens, but the animator on my team is going slowly crazy with it and so am I, trying to fix it.

Hot damn this sounds intense! Someone should make a movie someday about this thrilling experience you find yourselves in. Are the clocks surgically removed upon receiving a passing grade or do they just reset for the next project until you graduate cum laude? Or is it like Speed where you have to keep up momentum and not turn into a slacker or dropout lest you get splattered?

Kudos on doing facial motion capture on a student project! I would have never dared venture into such technological lands. Game looks and sound cool, looking forward to seeing what you guys make of it.

Cheers man. I'm pretty sure the clocks are just a metaphor, but I'd rather not take the risk.