The Devious Dev

The Firewatch Typewriter

I am following the Firewatch development as closely as one can and I have noticed that the typewriter that Olly concepted and Jane modeled/textured is the same typewriter that shows up as the background when you mouse over the quarterly review button. Obviously they used the physical typewriter as reference for the in-game one and they decided to make it the very first model they made. So what is the deal with this type writer guys why is it so significant to the people of Campo Santo? 

It's the typewriter that Sean makes all his manifesto letters for Obama on.

Olly liked the look of that typewriter and used it as one of the pieces of reference for the game model, and because of that we used it for the blog. Sorry that answer isn't very exciting.

I can't wait to see the third use of that typewriter art, which will confirm that Campo Santo is developing Half-Life 3.

It's pretty cool that both Idle Thumbs and Firewatch have typewriters as semi-official logos, anyway. You could pretending it's a nod to the Thumbs association or something.

Olly liked the look of that typewriter and used it as one of the pieces of reference for the game model, and because of that we used it for the blog. Sorry that answer isn't very exciting.

You could have made something up for me. Still its a fine typewriter I must say

Wait, is it fire watch or firewatch? I'm pretty sure ones a video game and the other's a Video game

Fire watch the Video game

Firewatch the video game

Firegame the video watch

(Goddamnit I forgot this site automatically puts spaces in Video game. NOW this post makes no sense)

All great videogames have cheat codes. Just use the Konami code to unlock your own forum super powers.

There are at least three cheat codes:

video​game
νideogame
videogame