Jake

Idle Thumbs 155: The Satisfaction of a Job Well Done

Me, dibs, and Lu were browsing through some horrendous "Pregnant [insert video game character her]" fan art. It was the stuff of nightmares.

sonic_is_pregnant_by_shadow4everandever-

Internet.

hey man

why

Jake's scenario of Viscera Cleanup where he accidentally spills his bucket of blood and guts on the immaculate floor then freaks out and trashes the place reminds me of Minotaur China Shop.

Also I would very much welcome a stream of multiplayer Viscera.  Remember when there used to be weekly streams?  Those were good times.

Man, you guys are not at all equipped to deal with the depths of deviantart if Sonic mpreg is squicking you out.

Watchmen_Babies.jpg

That perspective always ruins it for me.

Is this the video of the tiny bots?

Those robots are awesome. They are more uplifting than all the other robot videos are horrifying. Please fix all of the world's tiny problems, miniature robots.

Man, you guys are not at all equipped to deal with the depths of deviantart if Sonic mpreg is squicking you out.

Truthfully I find a lot of that stuff delightfully bizarre, but it's more fun to freak out about it. 

Trust me, that was the tip of the ice berg of what we found. I kinda did a favor in not linking the shit that we saw on Deviantart. *shudders*

While this video is full of fun robot moves, I am especially charmed by the last line.

By the way, since the Thumbs liked the Hitman Go boardgame motif, they might enjoy Crimson Shroud, the 3DS game where everything is a tabletop miniature and the action is dictated by rolling virtual dice. It's like seven bucks in the eshop.

The second-worst thing I've seen on the internet is fanart of people trapped in latex, somewhat transparent Pokémon outfits, and they'd clearly been in there a while.

The worst was a gigantic collage of human flesh with grids of maws neatly Photoshopped into them.

Gah!  I love that the cultural reference to Proust's smell-nostalgia trope has been downgraded to "an insane flashback Ratatoullie moment."  Actually, wait.  I don't!  F Nick Breckon.

Yeah Nick way to miss a great opportunity to directly reference 19th century french symbolist poet Stéphane Mallarmé on your video games podcast

Gah!  I love that the cultural reference to Proust's smell-nostalgia trope has been downgraded to "an insane flashback Ratatoullie moment."  Actually, wait.  I don't!  F Nick Breckon.

I laughed at that, too.

<3 Proust!

Ratatouille is the In Search of Lost Time of movies.

Ratatouille is the In Search of Lost Time of movies.

In Search of Lost Time is the Mega Man 9 of serialized French novels.

Mega Man 9 is the Tree of Life of video games.

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER.

Spelunky is the Majesco Entertainment of video games. That is it to say, Spelunky is...

B) COOL. B) 

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER.

Spelunky is the Majesco Entertainment of video games. 

P Diddy is the rap game Majesco Entertainment.

I appreciate the recommendation of the TIG Forums. I just browsed some of the dev-logs and it looks like a great resource.