Dried mango is great. I like dried pineapple more!

I got an email that my latest candy package is on its way to the Thumbs office and scheduled to arrive later this week.  Well, except for Nick's part.  That one I had to order separate from the rest.  Also I wasn't able to write a gift note for it because "f. Nick" is apparently still in effect.  Technically Chris isn't getting candy but I don't think he'll care.  For those curious, the contents and intended recipients are

Nerds Ropes for Jake (suggested by my kickstarter postcard)

Big Hunk for Sean (suggested by Jake)

Goldfish for Chris (suggested by Argobot)

Licorice Babies for Nick (suggested by Tegan)

There's going to be a Nutella Bar in New York. 

I just cannot buy Nutella and keep it around the house, otherwise I'll eat the whole thing within a couple of weeks with Nutella and PB sandwiches.  I let myself buy a jar about once a year.

It's probably a good thing I didn't see this until after doing my grocery shopping, otherwise there would have been a jar of nutella or two in there as well...And it would be gone in a day.

I enjoy how nuts Americans go for Nutella. I can just go to a shop and buy it, guys. It's okay.

I don't get the fervor over Nutella. It tastes good, which is true of many things. I guess the illusion of it being made out of nuts means people allow themselves to eat it for breakfast?

I'm guessing it's because it's a chocolate spread that doesn't taste like coffee or ice-cream topping. But surely America has chocolate spreads.

Its interesting you mention that because, aside from cake frosting I can't think of any other chocolate spread. (In fairness though, I'm Canadian not American, but that's usually such a small difference its not always worth noting.)

To my knowledge, there's really no chocolate spread like Nutella on the market in the US.  Nutella by itself is just okay to me, but as a companion to peanut butter it's just about perfection incarnate.

I think Hershey's finally got wise and put out some chocolate spread earlier this year. Haven't tried it though. And maybe some assuredly garbage store brands exist, but c'mon. I spent a summer in France years ago and I remember the big grocery store I went to had chocolate spreads out the wazoo, including kilo sized jars of Nutella (lord help me). Peanut butter, meanwhile, was hidden away in a corner of the international foods section.

To my knowledge, there's really no chocolate spread like Nutella on the market in the US.  Nutella by itself is just okay to me, but as a companion to peanut butter it's just about perfection incarnate.

Add bananas to that and make a sandwich with it. So good.

OOH.

Every year around Christmas my grandparents have a ton of spekulatius, which as I understand it is very similar to speculoos. Finding out they have a spread... that just sounds so incredibly good.

You can't say much about the Dutch kitchen that's nice but damn does this country make some nice cookies, cakes and pies.

I need a suggestion for good chocolate.  I don't like chocolate but I'm getting someone a gift and I'd rather not just get a Hershey bar or something.

From all the ones listed, I think I've only tried the Côte d'Or and the Lindt ones. Côte d'Or is better.

I've only bought the baking chocolate from that guide, unfortunately. It was good though, if that's any indication of their choosing ability wrt the bars.

Does soda count? I love soda

I don't really like chocolate unless it comes with something else, like a Reese's Cup or a Kit Kat (god tier)

mini chewy sweet tarts are pretty good even if the name of the candy is entirely adjectives