Sign in to follow this  
Bjorn

Beyond Good and Evil 2

Apparently Ubisoft just picked The City of Metronome for their indie game publishing program.

:shifty:

Beyond Good & Evil 2 coming out Fall 2018 for the Nintendo Game³.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 coming out Fall 2018 for the Nintendo Game³.

I can unequivocally say that you fixed my post there. Well done! 

Apparently Ubisoft just picked The City of Metronome for their indie game publishing program.

:shifty:

Good, it's about time Tarsier got that game out! It's been so many years now.

So, BG&E2 saved by Nintendo? Now that would be a blast at the E3 stage when NX is revealed.

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-nintendo-funding-beyond-good-and-evil-sequel-346059.phtml

Literally nothing would make me happier.

(Okay, a lot would make me happier, but I really really want this to be true.)

(Jade for next Smash Bros.????)

In unrelated news I recently found out that Raynal, the guy behind the original Alone in the Dark and Twinsen/Little Big Adventure worked at ubisoft at one point. What a supergroup that would have been to have them both on BG&E 2.

Be still, my beating heart...

It was also tweeted about by Ubisoft's French twitter account, saying "Michel Ancel has an Instagram account, and we advise you to follow closely." 

Maybe it's time for another one of my periodic replays of the original.

Counter-point: They don't look like they're from Gears of War!

:tup:

pre-production lmao

so it's still never coming out

I'm... just, it's weird for Ancel to publish these pictures when the game is in pre-production. What's the play here? Try to keep BG&E enthusiasm high? But after all these years you can easily hold off on that for another few, until you actually have a game to show. Now there's a real risk of hypes running out of steam or people shrugging their shoulders. There's nothing to gain here except gauging how the internet responds, or...

It just occurred to me that Ancel needed some leverage within Ubisoft to get funding? Maybe? So he whips up some commotion and is then able to show to his colleagues that there's still enough chatter about BG&E to proceed with actually making the game.

Aaaaand that's about the only explanation I can think of, other than a Peter Molyneux scenario where Ancel is just so enthusiastic about the project (and I cannot blame him there) that he's unable to stay quiet on it.

https://m.facebook.com/beyondgoodandevil/photos/a.168617863187768.35250.131546723561549/1068744866508392/?type=1&theater

Ubisoft has officially confirmed BG&E2 is alive. We just have to wait for a hundred years still since Ancel is working on Wild as well.

The lamest way ever to announce that your project is back in production, do it in a Facebook post. :P

https://m.facebook.com/beyondgoodandevil/photos/a.168617863187768.35250.131546723561549/1068744866508392/?type=1&theater

Ubisoft has officially confirmed BG&E2 is alive. We just have to wait for a hundred years still since Ancel is working on Wild as well.

The lamest way ever to announce that your project is back in production, do it in a Facebook post. :P

Don't worry, in a couple of months, they will deny that they ever made that post.

Frankly, I don't care about that game. But that Rasta Rhino made me add Ancel to my instagram. I love that thing.