Jason Bakker

Post Your Game for Playtesting and Feedback!

Here is a short HTML5 point-and-click adventure game that I have created: The Secret of Gargoyle Manor!! (Edit: that link is to Kongregate, but it's also on itch.io now too)

Edit: I was only able to contain myself for a day after posting it for playtesting, so it's up on Kongregate now. :P But I would still shurely appreciate it if you happen to play it and let me know your thoughts (especially if you find any un-squashed bugs).

This game was made as a sample game for a hypothetical adventure game editor I might build someday...which is why it has a little bit of everything thrown in, and why the story is perhaps not Fine Literature. :P I haven't started making the editor yet, but I do at least have the game contents properly separated (in some json files) from the engine code, which is a good start. For now though, I have just released it as its own separate little game. =)

P.S. here is a screenshot:

QPQ12tw.gif

I have only been able to get 2/3. *shakes fist at Carlos and his dumb old mushrooms* *jk mushrooms are the best*

Am I just not persuasive enough, or is this just a commentary on the futility of getting exactly what you want on a shared pizza?

I also tried ordering all veggies to see if Jeff would back me up but alas. (Maybe I do not actually know what constitutes kosher).

Edit: hahaha, anchovies =\

This is how you get 3/3:

To get 3/3 you need to remember Jeff is kosher, suggest a single topping afterwards, hate mushrooms, and then suggest something instead of anchovies.

Bonus easter egg if Bacon is your second topping of choice.

It is a commentary on the futility of group pizza ordering, so I guess that's why I made the solution so complex. An all veggie pizza would be kosher, but also, fuck an all veggie pizza. This game is steeping with my personal pizza politics ;)

I've had multiple, lengthy conversations with my boyfriend about the politics of pizza ordering for a large group.

One person in your group always wants hawaiian and no one ever says no because with the exception of me, who pretty much hates hot fruit, it's a fairly inoffensive pizza choice. The fruit that is censored on this board (*********) does not belong on a pizza!!!!

Then the pizzas come, every one eats all the good pizza (plain cheese, pepperoni & sausage) and the 1 person who suggested hawaiian eats 1 piece, like 2 other people have single slices and you have 3/4s of a hawaiian pizza that would have been better if it was just canadian bacon!!!

I have lots of pizza opinions.

You're speaking my language. The sweetness of pineapples don't go with the spicy and savoury tastes pizza should have. The game was motivated by ordering pizza at work, where I always want just a big pile of meat, with maybe some hot peppers or onions, and everyone else takes turns fucking up another pizza in one way or another, be it pineapples, mushrooms, thin crust or olives. Spenny's thick crust meat pile always disappears first.

You could always do like Jeff and get yourself a nice kosher calzone. Speaking of Jeff...

his not-very-secret liking of bacon makes me think his professed dietary restrictions are just a convenient fiction to help him avoid pizza politics. Wily, that one.

Here is a short HTML5 point-and-click adventure game that I have created: The Secret of Gargoyle Manor!! (Edit: that link is to Kongregate, but it's also on itch.io now too)

Edit: I was only able to contain myself for a day after posting it for playtesting, so it's up on Kongregate now. :P But I would still shurely appreciate it if you happen to play it and let me know your thoughts (especially if you find any un-squashed bugs).

This game was made as a sample game for a hypothetical adventure game editor I might build someday...which is why it has a little bit of everything thrown in, and why the story is perhaps not Fine Literature. :P I haven't started making the editor yet, but I do at least have the game contents properly separated (in some json files) from the engine code, which is a good start. For now though, I have just released it as its own separate little game. =)

P.S. here is a screenshot:

QPQ12tw.gif

I got as far as making the tiny grappling-hook, but I couldn't figure out how to use it. I'm not very good at adventure games. I when I looked in the trash can after asking to three times, I was surprised because I wouldn't usually click on something multiple times. Like I said, I'm not very good at adventure games.

I got as far as making the tiny grappling-hook, but I couldn't figure out how to use it. I'm not very good at adventure games. I when I looked in the trash can after asking to three times, I was surprised because I wouldn't usually click on something multiple times. Like I said, I'm not very good at adventure games.

Grappling hook is an optional item needed for what I consider to be the "slightly secret" alternative ending -- that's why it takes multiple clicks to find it. :)

In the interests of making sure anyone who wants to see the whole game can see it, here is a spoiler-walkthrough for how to get past the first screen. It is a very direct spoiler walkthrough so don't open it unless you want to be SPOILED! I ought to spend the time to write up a sweet UHS-style system of gradually more specific hints and tips, but, I didn't.

1. Create footholds in the cracked wall by wedging the stick + the kite sticks into it.

2. Climb the wall.

3. Oh snap. Pull the loose brick out of the brick wall.

4. Put the sticks back in the wall and use the brick to pound them in more securely.

5. Climb the wall.

Hey guys! I made a small two player single screen multiplayer game for a job interview at a tea shop (long story) and I thought I would share

the game isn't done yet but it's close, still working on a scoreboard and stuff. Please feel free to leave feedback!

Hopefully this link will work:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/saxtde1t9cw8y3e/DavidSeaTEST.exe?dl=0

That sounds like an interesting job interview, Grayson!

oh it was, I found out an hour ago that I got the job :D 

Hey guys! I made a small two player single screen multiplayer game for a job interview at a tea shop (long story) and I thought I would share

the game isn't done yet but it's close, still working on a scoreboard and stuff. Please feel free to leave feedback!

I didn't have a second player to join me for this but I like the look of it! The tear to show which side has won is a funny and effective bit of UI, and I thought the design of the face-stage was fun and well executed. Would have liked to know the controls though, and I'm still not quite sure if left clicking affects gameplay.  Also I found the squeaking noise a little bit abrasive.

Wow, grats on job!

I posted this in the game-making thread but I'll put it here too since it's the thread for it: I've worked 2 days on this game so far and you can playtest it and tell me what ya think. It's a multiplayer (though you can play against bots and still give useful feedback!) crazy weird motorbike shooting guys thing. Video explains it better. if you get stuck, press P to respawn or type restartlevel to...restart the level

If you want to play it multiplayer:

online:

-Host forwards port 7777

-host types "open basicarena?listen" in the console

-clients type "open 1.1.1.1" where 1.1.1.1 is the host's IP address

-hopefully it works! it has worked for me several times! if it doesn't it's probably a port thing

lan:

-as above but you don't need to port forward

split screen:

-press i to add a splitscreen player, up to 4 players. the catch is HUD doesn't work right, and you need at least 2 360 controllers, since the first controller is always player 1, even though keyboard is also player 1.

here is the build!

Hey.

Recently attended a 48 hour jam here in Canberra. Fun weekend all in all, met some pretty chill folks.
The theme given was "There's too many of them" and our group (me and 2 artists) went for a relaxing medical-type game where you play as an alien blob in the bloodstream and must eat other blobs, duplicating and growing as you go. We ended up with an eat-everything game with zero difficulty in which you may or may not play as cancer itself. We may continue working on this, and if we do I'll be sure to post our progress somewhere in this forum!

Working Title: Membrane

386aV6K.jpg?2

Left-Click to expand, Right-Click to shrink.

Here is the build, enjoy! https://mega.co.nz/#F!5FRg3CDI!IcvC2uutMyvlXBNrL1kgZw

Hey guys, I posted this in the Amateur Game Night thread a while back, but I released my first game on the Windows Store recently. I took the little game I made for the Flappy Jam a couple years ago and made it into a "full game." Right now it's just on the Windows Store because that's what I had available to test and publish to. Install rate has been low, so if anyone else wants to give it a whirl and report back with any issues they have or give constructive criticism, that would be great! I published this thing for the sake of seeing what works and doesn't for people other than me and my family, so I'd love your opinions here, in PM, or through email (whogasgames AT-AT gmail period com).

If you don't want to give me any feedback and just play it, well that would be great too!

Get Frothy!

Hello all!

We are a group of seven students who are currently developing the game Naar, to showcase at GGC (Gotland Game Conference) in May 2016. We are now in an early prototyping stage of development and looking for play testers.

Naar is a third person action-adventure game set in the fantasy world of Al-Dunya (The world below) . Where the evil djinn (demon) Iblis has invaded the land of humans. You are Mokhtar, a wizard in training, on the mission to dispatch evil creatures from the land. To do this, you need to discover new powerful spells and use it to your advantage.

You can download the game at our website http://naarthegame.net/ 

Or check out or facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NaarTheGame/

Be sure to download the protoype and test it. We also would love it if you could send us some feedback.

Picture from an early build: 

ScreenShot02.png

Hi guys,

I just posted a game to itch.io.  raygagne.itch.io/udk.  It's couch co-op, you can play on xbox 360 controllers, or two people on a keyboard (wasd and arrows).  The idea is simple visuals, tight controls, randomized weapons.

CZRwKn.png

I'd love if people tried it.  It's my first published game and would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

Ray

I am indie developer and have recently released a cross-platform, multiplayer, fighting game - Kung Fu Glory.

The game is available on Play Store (Android):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thoughtshastra.kungfufightinggame

Single Player version is available on App Store (iOS):

https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/kung-fu-glory-fighting-game/id1055803810?mt=8

Multiplayer version for iOS is coming soon!

Alternate_Icon.png

Game Features:
- Six Challenging Levels: Fight with various Kung Fu Masters at unique fighting arenas
- Eight Awesome Fighters: Choose from 8 different fighters
- Combo Moves: Customize your fighter by creating your own combo moves
- Achievements and Leaderboards: Unlock achievements and compete with your friends for high scores

Game Trailer:

Please try out the game and let me know your invaluable feedback.

Haven't posted here often, especially of late (most of my post count is from the ancient forum), but I figured I'd post this thing I made:

It's called Guppy and it's a 2D watercolour fish simulation.

Windows: http://www.ninjadodo.net/temp/guppy/guppy_v27_1_win.zip

Linux: http://www.ninjadodo.net/temp/guppy/guppy_v27_1_ubuntu.zip

HTML5: http://gamejolt.com/games/arcade/guppy/13182/

Recently added a Mac & iOS version as well. There's a devlog on TIGSource if anyone's curious.

Hello! My girlfriend and I are developing an audio game, and we're hoping that someone here might be willing to playtest it. It's a short game (25-30 minutes), and it is played on a blank screen with stereo headphones and a keyboard.

Here is the URL to the (unpublished) game page: http://getinthedamnbox.itch.io/heartread?secret=UARc2KJTugSLiBVNNonEjezqKrc The page itself is a work in process, but it'll give you access to the game files.

If you can spare half an hour to give this a shot, we'd really appreciate it!