Sign in to follow this  
Sean

The Idle Thumbs Store

Goddamnit I'm tempted to buy that record. My girlfriend is discouraging me because I'll "only listen to it like once, maybe" which is probably totally true and we are working on saving up money and budgeting and shit, but damn is it snazzy looking, How many do you guys have left/how fast do you think they'll be gone? I'm on the fence and I just backed a kickstarter thing and ugh. If they are still in stock in like a month I'm totally getting one, maybe. 

I bought one and I don't even own a turntable. It's more the neat principle that this digital internet podcast has produced a physical album on a mostly obsolete format. Anyone can make a CD, few outside of the record industry can make vinyl records (and it was apparently quite difficult to pull off for the thumbs as well)

I bought one and I don't even own a turntable. It's more the neat principle that this digital internet podcast has produced a physical album on a mostly obsolete format. Anyone can make a CD, few outside of the record industry can make vinyl records (and it was apparently quite difficult to pull off for the thumbs as well)

I just went to get one after hearing them mention it in the most recent episode and they're sold out. Dang. Oh well, it's better for my wallet this way...

This is probably not the place for this, but Campo Santo doesn't have a forum, so I'll ask here:

I would like to get some stuff from the Campo Santo store. I live in the UK so I would like to keep shipping costs to a minimum. I would like a T-shirt or two, but I would also like the poster once it's available. Is there any risk of the T-shirts going out of stock before the poster goes on sale?

What's more likely is that the poster will go out of stock within minutes of being available as it's a very limited run, so don't get your hopes up / don't expect to bundle stuff with the poster. :\

THAT SAID there is no chance of the shirts going out of stock before then because the poster is being printed now or very soon, and we are restocking shirts as they sell out!

When was the Idle VIce expected to be ready for delivery?

I told our shirt guy yesterday how many shirts we needed to order from wholesale -- HOPEFULLY he ordered them but if he didn't it'll be Monday. They usually need a week to hand de-tag them (we are crazy) and then only a few days to get all the screen-printing done (both the front (two screens) and the tag (one screen)).  My hope is that they hit the post in 2 weeks, but will update here when I know for sure.

What's more likely is that the poster will go out of stock within minutes of being available as it's a very limited run, so don't get your hopes up / don't expect to bundle stuff with the poster. :\

Damn, I was really hoping to grab one of those posters. Sounds unlikely. :( :(

UPDATE!

Shirts are ordered. They'll be in our possession in a week and then our shirt guys will get to screening. 

UPDATE!

Shirts are ordered. They'll be in our possession in a week and then our shirt guys will get to screening. 

Take pictures.

UPDATE!

What does this mean for if I were to order one now?

It means go for it! We ordered more shirts than we had orders for, and will re-stock as necessary over time.

Sizing question because I never know what to do as soon as I see "slim sizes": if I take a 2X regular sized shirt, should I get a 2X, or is that going to shrink instantly and make me wish I'd gotten a 3X?

If it helps, they're American Apparel shirts. They run narrower than normal, and a little longer. I'd say if a 2x shirt is a little baggy on you you're fine with 2X, otherwise I'd go 3X.

My idle vice shirt shipped!

As did mine. I'm excited to finally rep some thumbs swagger.

If it helps, they're American Apparel shirts. They run narrower than normal, and a little longer. I'd say if a 2x shirt is a little baggy on you you're fine with 2X, otherwise I'd go 3X.

That helps a lot for me, though not for sizing. I used to buy t-shirts online all the time, but the quality was so wildly inconsistent that I actually ended up wearing only about 50% of them. American Apparel is comfy, nice shit. Might actually buy one now!

I got to the mail box and put on my idle vice shirt I had just found there.  I ask my daughters (3 and 5) what they think.  They take a good look and all they say for the next 2 minutes is "wow!"  "Wow!" "wow!"  "Wow!"  over and over going from super excited to really nonchalant wowing.  I think they like it?

I dunno, they sound kinda passive aggressive.