Sign in to follow this  
Sean

The Idle Thumbs Store

Hi all!

We have OFFICIALLY launched the Idle Thumbs store over at store.idlethumbs.net. It has most of our Kickstarter stuff in it right now (we have very limited quantities of NON-Kickstarter backer vinyls, for instance) but we'll be populating with more stuff as the weeks go on.

Right now you can vote on the next color variant of the thumbs shirt, for instance.

So, tell us what you desire or any problems you might have.  If you have any support issues (shipping, whathaveyou) we've reengineered our support desk to where we can respond pretty quickly so hit us up at [email protected].

Sorry this took so long but hopefully we did it right!

Requests: Tasteful, non-huge bumper stickers. Stickers that fit well over Apple/Dell/HP logos on laptops. Coffee table book of old.idlethumbs.net editorial content from the good old days.

Random thought: I get the impression that Olly is more a Campo Santo dude than a Thumb, but if Olly did Thumbs-inspired prints that forum members/Kickstarter backers could get a first crack at buying I'd be grateful as someone who rarely gets an opportunity to buy his prints since they sell out so fast. This feels like a lot to ask and I feel awkward doing it, but I guess not enough so that I wouldn't at least give it a shot for the hell of it.

Nice!

If you ever look at adding more shirts, something with just the thumb/typewriter logo on the breast would be fantastic.  I very rarely wear t-shirts with big prints on the front of them anymore. 

Also, refrigerator magnets.  I have a deep seated aversion to putting stickers on anything.  But I do like a nice looking magnet. 

Requests: Stickers that fit well over Apple/Dell/HP logos on laptops. 

Jake has suggested a Goldblum face. I think I agree.

I've already placed an order, messed up my shipping address and sent an email to support.

Would it be illegal to sell a line of far cry 2 merch? Far cry 2 logo on the front, small idle thumbs insignia on the back. That's you top seller right there :)

The next colour has to by the neon 80s

Slightly disappointed there's no yellow tshirt with black print, I'd rock the hell out of that. Don't be afraid of colour

A cheaper shipping option would be cool. Right now both options come up as 9.45 for me.

I've already placed an order, messed up my shipping address and sent an email to support.

Oh, that was you? :)

A cheaper shipping option would be cool. Right now both options come up as 9.45 for me.

We'll keep trying to optimize shipping costs but that is the cheapest rate we've been able to get internationally right now.

I hope you can work out cheaper international shipping. =) I wanted to get the sticker pack figuring you could send it with regular mail and not as a package, but no dice.

Oh, that was you? :)

yeah! thanks Doug :P

I was a little shocked at the shipping costs, maybe the store needs a delivery/returns page detailing the shipping costs for each region so people know what to expect

I paid with paypal and the set up was a little strange, i verified the $25 cost of the shirt in paypal with shipping itemised as $0 (i briefly thought i wouldn't have to pay shipping at all, thinking "wow, those idle thumbs guys are super nice and generous"), then i was directed back to the store to select which astronomically shipping fee i wanted to pay, doh :)

On international shipping, I know it sucks, but I ship hundreds of packages internationally every month for my business.  The only "cheap" option is traditional First Class International, which can be terrible, and the last I knew there were limited choices to even be able to print First Class Labels online.  I've had packages take up to 2 months arrive, never arrive, etc.  If you've bought from other places and got much better prices, they are almost certainly eating some of the shipping charge to make it more attractive, which just means that that the purchase price is inflated to cover that. 

For some reason, buying a sticker pack compelled me to also buy a "Video Games" shirt from the Campo Santo store. What am I doing with my life?

EDIT: Wow. My stickers went out in around an hour. You folks are speedy.

I hope you can work out cheaper international shipping. =) I wanted to get the sticker pack figuring you could send it with regular mail and not as a package, but no dice.

Stickers have cheaper shipping both internally and domestically now--try placing another order!

I bought one of them vinyls because I was feeling super left out! Thanks for offering them! 

You should make cardboard masks like you cut out of the back of a cereal box, but with Nick Breckon's face.

A nice touch would be a hand signed thank you from one of the thumbs on the receipt. A "thank you for your order. Love Nick" would make my year

Someone needs to make a painting of a grenade rolling down a hill and sell that as a print or t-shirt.

A nice touch would be a hand signed thank you from one of the thumbs on the receipt. A "thank you for your order. Love Nick" would make my year

They're actually fulfilled by a professional order-fulfilling place, so unfortunately there's not really a way to do that :(