Sign in to follow this  
Intrepid Homoludens

The official How Would You Seduce Yufster? thread!

Anyway, this thread is ancient history. We all know who the real winner here was.

Aww, I saw this thread had been mysteriously revived (typed some wrong stuff my foot!) and thought some of us more recently joined folk could join in and try to impress. But if you say it's ancient history, I guess there's no point...

BIG BLAA!!! HAHAHAHAH!!! And I'm from KILKENNY, not Waterford.

Pardon me for asking, but does that mean you go rolling in Kilkenny?

I'm sure you'd treat me better than me old miss sporting Jenny.

+10 drunk points if you catch this reference

Pardon me for asking, but does that mean you go rolling in Kilkenny?

I'm sure you'd treat me better than me old miss sporting Jenny.

+10 drunk points if you catch this reference

Man, pfft, you are so NOT with the Irish street talk of today. Maybe that's the kind of stuff they said when your great great great great great great grandmothers dogs' previous owner's sister immigrated to America, but times have changed since then. Biggest change? The street lingo. What you mean to say is,

"Well boy! You fucking LANGER, you smell of PISS. Fuck Kilkenny!

Let's go get scuttered down t'pub, eh?"

Man, pfft, you are so NOT with the Irish street talk of today. Maybe that's the kind of stuff they said when your great great great great great great grandmothers dogs' previous owner's sister immigrated to America, but times have changed since then. Biggest change? The street lingo. What you mean to say is,

"Well boy! You fucking LANGER, you smell of PISS. Fuck Kilkenny!

Let's go get scuttered down t'pub, eh?"

You may live in Ireland, but you're clearly not up on your drinking songs. Go hang out in more pubs.

I mean really, what on earth do they teach you in school these days?

Next thing you know, you're going to tell me you've never been forced to take three shots of some unpronouncable whiskey before the drunk-off-his-ass bartender lets you leave his pub at four in the morning.

Man, shut up! Shut UP!!! You're not even Irish!!!

We don't sing songs any more when we're drinking. Not since camcorders were invented, anyway. It was alright before that, when nobody remembered how stupid we all looked. But now we even have camcorder PHONES, so the risks are too great.

Actually, a lot of Irish folk moved to the States. There are quite a lot of them in NYC, for example.

By the way, is Solomon a typical Irish name?

--Erwin

Man, shut up! Shut UP!!! You're not even Irish!!!

The Irish are the lost tribe of Israel.

'tis true.

Okay, maybe that's a stretch. But I still love my Irish pubs.

well I read the Irish have more in common with arabs than they do with other european peoples, in language and stuff.

so there.

well I read the Irish have more in common with arabs than they do with other european peoples, in language and stuff.

so there.

There are actually people who believe the Irish are the lost tribe of Israel. When I was in college, one of my closest friends was a history major and and Irishman, and being a religion major myself, we joked about that quite a bit.

But it's highly doubtful. More likely the "lost" tribe wound up in Africa, or India, or one of the other remote areas with large Jewish communities.

In truth, I think you'll find about as many people believing that as you do my theory that Ben Stein was deep throat.

(Although I'm at least somewhat serious with that theory)

Irish language shares roots with Welsh, Scots Gaelic, Breton (from France) and an assortment of (mostly dead) regional tongues from around Europe.

It's an Indo-European language derived from the same roots almost all European and Western Asia languages have (this includes Hebrew).

There have been people in Ireland longer than there has been any "jewish people" :P

Anything we have in common with arabs is parallel evolution, with very small amounts of direct influence (for example, arab pirates kidnapped the population of a crappy little irish fishing village some 300 years ago).

I've never ever ever met anybody called "Solomon".

Waterford slang is of a very base and poor sort, and pales to the wonderousnessness of Cork Slang .

Fuck Kilkenny!

There have been people in Ireland longer than there has been any "jewish people" :P

Well, that's beside the point. The reason that tribe is considered "lost, is because they most likely integrated into some society...somewhere.

Or there weren't that many tribes to begin with. That's an interesting theory as well. An ancient typo created a mystery. Stranger things have happened.

Isn't there a legend that says that the Irish are decended from the refugees of Troy?

According to Virgils "Aenid", survivors of Troy made it to Italy, and their descendants founded Rome.

It's just a poem though, maybe we don't take everything seriously.

Ok, hang on.

1. Yufster's very happy for some secret reason in some other thread.

2. Spaff says 'it wasn't any of the above' who wins the 'how to seduce Yufster' game.

3. Yufster couldn't stop asking where Spaff was in London.

4. England and Ireland are pretty near each other.

5. 1+1=2

Applying logic to human behaviour is usually a bad idea, but I think I'll go out on a limb. Actually no, sorry, I'll need more conclusive evidence. It could be that Yufster's started taking drugs and Spaff knows the truth about the Trojans.

Anyway, never mind.

:blink:

I think baconian is onto something... all we need a "It is teh true!!1"™ from Spaff and a "Undressed Psychonauts" from Yufster to confirm it all!

Now, how would I seduce Yufster?

Well, obviously she must like monkeys, but I wonder if she can resist the hot Spanish accent because no one really can. So I would say something like,

"Hola, preciosa. ¿Por qué eres tan bella? Let's... how do you say... have a Grim Fandango this evening." :naughty:

And then I'll give her my push-bottom limited edition Manny Calavera and there you have it.

Is that good? :shifty:

I am very afraid. Any kind of union between Spaff and Yuf can only result in a giant mushroom cloud.