heybeardo

Goat Simulator: Queen of Chaos, Bringer of Destruction

Hey guys, here's a short video with my reaction to Goat Simulator. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Beardo

I will watch your video because I appreciate your choice of font.

Many thanks. It's SWFIT_V02 by Orgdot, open source.

Escape Goat 2 sure looks different from the first game. :P

But seriously, I want this so badly! 

My only concern is that it is going to end up like PAIN or even worse, Naughty Bear.  From what I have seen it looks better but those games had some similar mechanics and left a sour taste in my mouth.

That said I am probably buying this tonight.

GASP! Maybe the reason Escape Goat was imprisoned was for the chaos he caused in this game! It works perfectly as a prequel! 

...I kinda liked the Naughty Bear in Paradise game...  :getmecoat

Wow, two Goat-games in the same week? Jeez, first it was World War II, then it was zombies, and now it's goats.

Come on, game developers, at least try for some originality!

My problem with this game is that it kind of suffers from the same problems that Saints Row does.  In GTA, the humor of screwing around and being absurd comes from the fact that it clashes so much with everything else in the game.  Everyone else in the city behaves normally, and running people over or crashing helicopters into old ladies is fun and hilarious because it seems like something you are just not supposed to do.  In Saints Row, everything is out of control and weird and it doesn't feel like you are breaking the rules by jumping off bridges and bodyslamming pedestrians.  You are much less of a whacky jerk.

This game is the same thing; it is designed to be stupid and buggy and that's the whole idea.  It's just not as funny to see physics bugs when you are expecting them.  I would say that the fact that the developer doesn't pretend to be taking it seriously, as well as the low price tag, does redeem it, and there is a lot of absurdity that is funny outside of the bugs.

With that said I bought the game and do not regret my purchase at all, I have gotten enough laughs out of it to make it wirth the ten bucks to me.  But I laughed a lot harder when I found stupid bugs in a game that was taking itself seriously, and you can pretty much get the full effects of this game by watching videos of it.

Wow, two Goat-games in the same week? Jeez, first it was World War II, then it was zombies, and now it's goats.

Come on, game developers, at least try for some originality!

Year of the Goat has replaced Year of Luigi

Somewhere, there is a team making a goat themed rougelike(-like)

It's not april fools so I have no idea what to make of this (I've long uninstalled it so I haven't checked it out, but it is free):

http://store.steampowered.com/news/15024/

Not a roguelike, but close?

There is a "rouge" class apparently?

If it weren't for dragon age inquisition taking all my time, it is just kooky enough that I'd think about reinstalling to check it out.

Sure, why not. They've probably added enough content to this to make it worth getting despite having watched a ton of videos at launch.