Sign in to follow this  
Merus

April Fool's Roundup

I didn't take a screen shot, but an update on Bioware's career page saying they were hiring for the new BioWare Hawaii was especially displeasing to me this morning.

It's gone now and yeah, it sounded silly in retrospect, but damn it, don't do that when someone is checking out your page for a job.

...I think April Fools Day is the only holiday (type of thing) that I enjoy more as an adult than I did as a kid.

I don't get all the whining about April Fools. I may just be following a lot of sourpusses on Twitter, but every year on April 1st, Twitter becomes just a torrent of snark and offended sensibilities, and I can't even begin to understand why. What's wrong with having just one day where the internet suddenly becomes a magical world of surprise and mystery? With the internet now «a thing,» there's zero chance anyone goes for more than five minutes on April 1st without being reminded of it by people complaining about it, people complaining about people's complaints, or every web site listing every internet prank but their own, so getting through the day becomes a game you play against yourself, where you're trying to stay alert and not fall for anything.

...I think April Fools Day is the only holiday (type of thing) that I enjoy more as an adult than I did as a kid.

It's weird how Holidays completely change as you get older. First you believe in Santa, then you find the truth about Santa, and then you become Santa.

...Probably the weirdest one is St Patrick's Day.

...Probably the weirdest one is St Patrick's Day.

First you believe in St. Patrick, then you find out the truth about St. Patrick, and then you become St. Patrick?

No, it's first you don't care about St. Patrick's Day and then you still don't care about St. Patrick's Day.

A video game where the twist was "You were Santa Claus the whole time!" would be pretty sweet.

Maybe man is the true Santa?

To fight Santa, we had to become Santa ourselves

First you believe in St. Patrick, then you find out the truth about St. Patrick, and then you become St. Patrick?

As a kid it's about wearing green and pinching, as an adult it's about getting stone-drunk.

...tberton's more right though.

There are going to be people who are very upset that this isn't real.

Garrus was my romantic partner ;)

All this link did was get me to surf around the BioWare site and look for awesome Mass Effect merch that I shouldn't purchase, so I guess it succeeded.

To fight Santa, we had to become Santa ourselves

To Fight Santa, We Created Santa

I stopped at the gas-station on the way to work. I said "hi" to my neighbor who happened to be there and then asked the cashier if it would be alright to put on a clown-nose and play a song on my accordion. I explained that I don't want to scare anyone. She crossed her arms and said "It would probably scare someone." I said "ok" and left. She was visibly frightened. Minda like she was shaking after an altercation with someone. I was super polite though, I still feel bad. I don't feel bad for asking, I feel bad that she feels so vulnerable. april Fools!

Now I'm setting up scarecrows at work and making coffee. We are going to have a concert today. No one will believe them.

Oh come on guys, don't bump last year's thread, that's confusing as hell!

So here's mine: We put a filter over SpeedRunners to make it a pixel-art game.

hObw553.png

If you play the game today, there's some fun music and sound-effects swaps, and the artwork is low-res.

I thought it was pretty funny!

The reaction has been pretty harsh! Players hated it! "You're losing players over this", "I will never buy your games again", "The devs deserve to be dragged out into the street and HORSE-WHIPPED!"

That's even from people who do recognize it's just a one-day joke.

Jeez, I dunno, I thought it was a pretty funny idea! People got really angry!

On the topic of things I am not involved with: PlayStation had a really lame April Fools Day joke lined up. They made a Google style video of a false product, but it's much closer to a Google style announcement than a Sony one. It's a very bright living-room, with a very welcoming narrator talking you through it, and projected a lot more "Company Mandated April Fools Day Media Content" than it did a legitimate PlayStation thing.

Oh well!

Oh come on guys, don't bump last year's thread, that's confusing as hell!

No, its f-f-fooling as hell!

Oh I think a nature site confirming the existence of dragons is pretty funny and super relevant. That's a good one.

Adding to the April Fools roundup, SuperHot re-released themselves as a Quake mod, and actually put out a game along with the joke!

http://superhotgame.com/SUPERQOT/

and also developer SWERY joined, in and perfectly misunderstood how to do it:

aa7887a8e775bec7e01441edde874419.png

Ya got me! :D

No it looks like he got it pretty spot on. Say something dumb that only you find funny.

As a wizard, I can attest to this being true.

you're a mage, they're completely different approaches to magic