Man there was one year that Microsoft bought the Olympics coverage for the year and just had everything streaming on the website. I watched so much archery, table tennis, and other weird things I had never heard of that year. I really hope that that provide some sort of side bundle that doesn't require me to buy cable to see the small stuff. I'd pay like $20 or $30 just for comprehensive coverage.

The Olympics in the UK was on TV, and highlights every night. It was awesome waking up in the morning, having a cup of coffee and watching some random sport before going to work. I hope I can do something similar this year.

I tried to watch the Euro opening match yesterday, it came so late and was so boring during the first half that I fell asleep on the couch. That has never happened before. I woke up lot later when France scored a goal.

Curious where people stand as far as superstitions and sports go. A couple days ago the Giants had a no hitter until the last out in the 9th and it was interesting seeing people I know who are not superstitious about anything else in life go through so much effort to not talk about the no hitter while we were watching the game. Personally I don't care, one of my friends who isn't really into baseball asked what everyone was so worked up over and I just said "Oh, the Giants have a no hitter going". Vin Scully also was constantly bringing it up and annoying people I was watching it with (Yeah I watched the Dodgers broadcast of a Giants game, Vin Scully is the best thing in baseball and I'm gonna miss him).

I never put much stock in them myself, but it seems to make enough people in the room uncomfortable that I try and go along with them anyway. No reason to rock the boat.

Anyone watching the World Cup of Hockey? The USA just got smashed by Canada, which is about what I expected. At this point I'm just rooting for players on teams I like.

So, post-season baseball is here. I'm still trying to get over the game last night, as a Red Sox fan I was expecting it to be crazy because it's been a crazy division, but still that was nuts.

Edit: but not as crazy as the NL game, man what great fucking game.

Yep.  Two good baseball games to kick off the playoffs, and now the tension in my gut starts for the early game in Arlington tomorrow.

Blue Jays going to the ALCS again!

Cannot believe that the Red Sox got swept though.

As a Red Sox fan I'm not at all surprised. I have a really hard time not being happy for Terry Francona, I didn't want the Sox to lose, but I wish Cleveland all the best.

I'm pretty excited for hockey season. I ended up not doing fantasy football this season so I'm doing fantasy hockey and it's already making the season way more fun to watch. Also Bruins are starting strong so I'm happy, we'll see how long that lasts though.

As a Leafs fan: Take that, Bruins.

Yeah that was a disappointing game for sure, hopefully tonight they do better. The good thing about it being the beginning of the season is I don't have to get worked up over a bad loss. As opposed to baseball which is still stressing me out to no end despite my team having already been swept and eliminated.