gritfish

Fundamentally dangerous to the notion of game jams: Announcing the Public Domain Jam

Hey Thumbs / Readers

I thought about putting this in the "Plug your shit" thread, if it should go there instead, please let me know.

Way, way back in ep 130 (around the 49min mark), Chris and Zach had a pretty passionate discussion about Pubilc Domain stories, and Chris lamented that fact that for the most part, new stories and characters just won't be added to the Public Domain any more because of copyright extending beyond the heat death of the universe.

Well, there's no reason we can't celebrate the stories that are. An idea formed listening to that ep, and it's been stuck in my head since then. Because I'm assuming that people here on the forums care not only about games, but about stories. So I'm proud to announce it here:

The Public Domain Jam

It's a while off, but I thought it'd give people time to think about what stories are important to them and how to retell them.

Also, there's a category for the craziest use of the source material, and if ANYONE can come up with something totally insane for this, it's you guys.

You may also want to post this in the Game Jams thread on the Game Dev board.