OssK

Twitter :)

I'm @applecidermage and I completely understand if people don't want to follow me on Twitter, mostly because I am a lot more sharp-tongued and ranty on Twitter than I am here. Expect maximum feminism.

I loved those history of women's wages pages you posted! Pity you apparently have to pre-empt mockers about your reading though? I was a bit confused by that.

Anyway, I'm tribuut but don't really use twitter that much except as a content feed.

There's quite a few people who read my Twitter only to add their really "helpful" comments - see the one guy who's takeaway from me posting pages was to mock the underlining, which was done on a bus.

I thought he made a rather civil course-correction on that one, but I don't have to deal with your replies all the time, obviously. I can imagine how someone doing that sort of thing all the time could get grating.

It's always weird to find out you've been blocked by someone on Twitter. I was trying to retweet a retweet someone made, and I was notified the original poster had blocked me from viewing their tweets. Which is weird because I can't imagine how or why, we don't know each other.

Edit - Also, I can still see their tweets I guess if I'm following one of their followers and it gets a RT? Twitter is weird, functionally.

I realised the other day that I'd previously blocked someone, and I had no idea why. They weren't gg-affiliated or anything, and I didn't even recognise them. I wonder whether they were going on about football for an entire month or something, so I blocked them with the intention to unblock later (I wasn't aware of mute until recently). Either that or I clicked it by mistake...

My twitter handle is @N1njasquirrel . I never post anything, so enjoy my feed of nothing.

Only a quarter of my Thumbs Forums twitter feed members have Manny Calavera avatars, I'm disappointed.

I like my poop slime! It's original!

I'm @douchetoevsky which is an internet name I've considered changing because it could give the wrong impression, but I think I still generally like it. Follow me if you want to see dumb tweets, a few OK tweets and a bunch of pictures of my face and also cats.

I'm @ratamero but my feed is 99% in Portuguese (and not particularly interesting), so maybe good practice if you want to learn the language?

Everytime Apple Cider posts about something awesome she heard on Idle Thumbs on a Wednesday night I always get jealous and confused because I think you have super secret access to the casts before they go up. until I realize you are posting about old episodes.

@pzgear here which is a craptastic name but I blanked and i hatemakingusernames

Yeah, sorry, I am doing a first listen of older episodes since I started listening when Danielle joined the show. I have no access to the secret episodes.

Yeah, sorry, I am doing a first listen of older episodes since I started listening when Danielle joined the show. I have no access to the secret episodes.

I really enjoy when you tweet about older episodes! I like being reminded of some of that stuff.

I really enjoy when you tweet about older episodes! I like being reminded of some of that stuff.

same here, since it makes me remember when i deep dove into the backlog to catch up. It just throws me off because I seem to always get these tweets the night before a new episode is released :-D 

I might have to actually back up and start a tumblr or something, but Tweet sized bites tend to work. :) 

But maybe Apple Cider is getting the dishonoured episodes!

Is there a way to tell if I'm on some kind of block list, in particular any that are run by bots or something? I basically just use my Twitter account as a feed of stuff from people I enjoy and now one such person has blocked me and I don't know why! They happen to be the only person I've had an actual conversation with but it was short, pleasant, and more than 6 months ago so I can't think why I'd be getting blocked now.

If you know someone's subscribed to the block list, you can always check their account. For instance, if you're worried about being on the GG blocklist, @randi_ebooks is subscribed to it.

Thing is, though, it's not really your business who's blocking you. Blocking is for other people to curate their twitter feeds.

OK, that isn't it, then.

And I totally get that, and am not going to try and get unblocked anymore. I certainly don't want to bother someone who went to the trouble of blocking me, I just thought it might be a mistake.

I block for a variety of reasons:

1.) Someone is bugging me

2.) Someone I don't know with a low post and follower count or objectionable content follows me

3.) Looks like a bot or a general business account spam-following me

Thing is, though, it's not really your business who's blocking you. Blocking is for other people to curate their twitter feeds.

Unless your only interaction with that person was a pleasant one, and you don't know what you could've done to offend, and you want to find out so you can avoid doing so in the future.

Basically, I disagree. There are legitimate reasons to block people, but I think there are also legitimate reasons to want to know why you were blocked.

Nobody is entitled to anyone else's Twitter feed at their convenience. If you really want to know what a person who blocked you is tweeting and their account is unprotected, you can view their tweets with relative ease.

I use an app that filters my followers by various metrics, including tweets/day, following/followers ratio, account age, etc and I unfollow/mute/block based on internal criteria that I don't feel like telling anyone about. I use Twitter for a specific purpose and operate my account to meet those needs. I don't think this is particularly oppressive.