Boris Stoke

Far Cry 4: A grenade rolls down everest

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/21/5533236/report-far-cry-4-set-in-himalayas-early-2015

Along with AC: Unity, UbiSoft announced today that Far Cry 4 would be released in early 2015.  The good news is a drastic change in the environment.  The game will now take place in the Himalayas so you'll get snow capped mountains and, presumably, some less snowy rocky areas.

Far Cry 3 wasn't as interesting as 2, but it was still a pretty sweet open world FPS.  Hopefully they pull back on the scripted sequences and story and let us cause avalanches.  Apparently we're going to be able to saddle up elephants in this one.  I can see that working as a living tank to smash through outposts and trample mercenaries, but if they're expecting me to ride a slow moving beast around the world then I'll pass.

What are you guys hoping for Far Cry 4 and the legend of the Yeti Squad?

I'm hoping they ditch the intense gamification present in Far Cry 3.  Playing 2 and then 3 in quick succession practically gave me whiplash.  It's like they were afraid I was going to get bored walking through a minute of lush jungles, so they made sure to put as many flashing things to pick up/craft/use as possible.

Weirdly, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon was a much better game than Far Cry 3, removing aesthetic considerations.  The shorter, focused game made them pitch a bunch of the bullshit.

Far cry 4: wing suit

It's just going to be far cry 3 juiced up to the max brah. You'll play an extreme winter sports enthusiast, thus explaining why you start the game with a wing suit. Wing suit

Snowboarding with an Uzi off the side of a mountain, wing suit glide 100ft landing with your ice pick embedded in a dudes neck. Sweet air take down brah, much stealth, so glide, wow

Also, if there are elephants in this game that means you can murder elephants in this game. Set a load of claymores, antagonise the herd, then....

qlxYwBZ.gif

I couldn't find an exploding elephant (I didn't actually search for one. Gross) but you get the idea

BOOM next gen red mist particles and guts fucking everywhere brah. And when the blood particles settle and the smoke clears you see a stunned wide eyed infant elephant shaking in terror. That's the pitch... FAR CRY 4 MOTHER FUCKER

Remember that IGN quote on the cover of Far Cry 3 "like Skyrim with guns"

And now, it finally is.

Far cry 4: wing suit

It's just going to be far cry 3 juiced up to the max brah. You'll play an extreme winter sports enthusiast, thus explaining why you start the game with a wing suit. Wing suit

Snowboarding with an Uzi off the side of a mountain, wing suit glide 100ft landing with you ice pick embedded in a dudes neck. Sweet air take down brah, much stealth, so glide, wow

Also, if there are elephants in this game that means you can murder elephants in this game. Set a load of claymores, antagonise the herd, then....

qlxYwBZ.gif

I couldn't find an exploding elephant (I didn't actually search for one. Gross) but you get the idea

BOOM next gen red mist particles and guts fucking everywhere brah. And when the blood particles settle and the smoke clears you see a stunned wide eyed infant elephant shaking in terror. That's the pitch... FAR CRY 4 MOTHER FUCKER

Can pretty much confirm a wingsuit is in the works for Just Cause 3. 

But yes this game is inspired by the "Like Skyrim with Guns" quote. The writing will be even worse than FC3, there will be tons of load times, and you will spend hours wandering collecting cabbages that roll down hills.

i think 3 would have been a lot sweeter if they let the enemy retake camps at some rate that was slower than 2's instant respawn, maybe with different enemy loadouts, since taking the camps was the best part. 

but if they're expecting me to ride a slow moving beast around the world then I'll pass.

If the world is empty enough, enemy wise, then this is exactly what I want. Holy shit, chilling on an elephant, strolling through the Himalayas? Yes fucking please. I would take that game, without anything else in it, and eat it up.

If the world is empty enough, enemy wise, then this is exactly what I want. Holy shit, chilling on an elephant, strolling through the Himalayas? Yes fucking please. I would take that game, without anything else in it, and eat it up.

There's no way they will make this game, but fuck yes.

Honestly if they just ditch the 'Mission Area' bullshit & go back to true open-world then I can probably stomach whatever reeking narrative ejaculate they smear all over it.

Yes, this last. Yes. Mission Area made me quit playing the story. Ugh ugh ugh.

Actually, the terribly rote and uninspired story made me quit playing the story. That and the Mission Area.

More 2 and less 3 with 4 please.

I'm holding out for 6

Hahah yea-wait...

2...and 3...if you add them up, that makes 5, and...add 4 and you get...subtract 6...

OH MY GOD.

2+3=5

5+4=9

9-6=3

:oldman: TH-THAT MEANS...

:campbell:  :sombrero:  :devil:  :sombrero:  :hat1:

:tup:  :D  :clap:  :violin: HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED. :violin:  :clap:  :D:tup:

:worship:   :molyneuxsmall:  :worship:

Is this for real? I mean not only does it look terribly put together... but I mean Jesus Christ... 

Is this for real? I mean not only does it look terribly put together... but I mean Jesus Christ... 

Apparently, since it went out with official press releases and all. It looks like they doubled down on the things that were stupid about Far Cry 3 and forgetting that Far Cry 2 ever happened. That isn't to say that they needed to remake Far Cry 2, but this just looks like it won't be my thing.

It's funny, I saw that image on giant bomb, thought Saints Row and got the whole "White messiah" vibe again.

Immediately went to facebook to message some Ubifriends and saw that they posted it. So yeah, it's real and apparently going to extremes with colour.

Companies learn the wrong lessons when there are serious criticisms about a product, but then also go on to sell a butt load of copies.

I've no opinion, because I don't know shit about this game other than "Tibet and shit" and there's some of the weird vibe of 3 carried over. Does that mean it's the same writer? Probably not after the PR stuff last time. So I'll reserve judgement, but I do have the feeling this is going to be another Ubisoft Open Worldtm game. Meaning another setting that acknowledges far too much that it's a video game instead of an actual place, another million worhtless collection missions, another "and the kitchen sink" approach to "Features". Which makes me none too optimistic, I like losing myself in video game worlds, not completing a worthless set of never ending tickboxes.