Sign in to follow this  
melmer

Assassins Creed Unity

Apparently if you actually make new friends with other players in Unity, they game just stops working completely (causes the game to crash at the title screen).

So with this game having had time to sink in and presumably get some bug fixes, is it worth playing? I've been kind of craving something like this to sink my time into over Christmas, as I'll have finished the excellent (holy shit so excellent) The Last of Us by then. I did hear of a performance patch hitting all platforms tomorrow which I guess is why it occurred to me to not just pretend this game never came out.

How does the gameplay compare to Ass Creed 2, which I guess is the closest sibling in terms of environment? Has it kept all the things that made that game cool, including the highly pointless yet satisfying home base customisation?

I did see a video of someone playing the game with French vocals, and everything else (UI and subtitles) in English. That seemed to work really well, and any issues with the lip sync as pointed out by someone in this thread probably don't matter seeing as you'll be reading the subtitles.

You can upgrade your home base and buy some additional properties, but it is quite limited. Something like 4 upgrades and 7 properties. The gameplay is quite similar to Assassin's Creed 2, as far as I can remember, with some welcome improvements (which I have listed in one of my earlier posts).

If you are not sick and tired of Assassin's Creed series and if they manage to fix the performance issues, then I think the game is well worth playing. The only technical issues I experienced were related to the framerate (bad every now and then, and horrible for a while at a couple of specific locations), and they did not ruin the game for me. Still, I'm a bit vary of recommending the game as it was on launch.

Still pretty pricey at £43 on Amazon UK, although it was going for a whopping £55(!!!!!) the other day in the UK's main game shop chain, GAME. If it were down to like even £30 anywhere I'd probably snap it up.

Despite everything from the internet and my distaste for AC games, I bought it anyway for 30 bucks. I just want to see the crowds and environments, probably worth $30 for that.

I bought it for my daughter as a xmas gift.  She's played every single AC game so far, but skipped buying unity after the poor initial reviews on it.  With all the patches and the free dlc, seems like it'll make a nice gift from Santa for her. 

Im still wondering if the fact its not available on the UK steam store (and note, only the UK steam store) is an experiment by Unisoft financial department to gauge how abandoning steam altogether for UPlay globally would sit.

Far cry and creed for the last three years right well into the new year.

Irony being creed next year in will be in a smokey steam-age London, yet not available in steam London.

I've always been one to associate AC games with urban environments, so for me Unity was a welcome return in that sense. If you are/were into AC2 and the subsequent games, I'd say Unity is more than worth it, particularly while discounted. I enjoyed AC4 for what it was, but once I tired of the sea combat, the world just felt so empty and boring, and the assassin-ing was definitely the low point of the series for me. 

It'll be interesting to see if the new patch actually fixes the performance issues. Previous patches fixed a game breaking bug for me, but I've yet to see any frame rate improvement. 

I was actually quite interested in finally getting into Unity myself yesterday with the announced performance patch, but the patch is now delayed and I just don't see myself having a good experience with it as it stands.