Sign in to follow this  
melmer

Assassins Creed Unity

I think of all things I would've wished for, it's two bloody Assassin's Creed games per year. I still have to play ACIII, guys, honestly.

Ubisoft: Too expensive to animate women, but can make two AC games a year, plus the requisite DLC for both.

Ubisoft: « No no no you've got it wrong, AC fatigue is totally a thing we can remedy by doubling the dosage. »

Soon: one new Assassin's Creed game per day. It'll be UBIQUITOUS. The prophecy will come true and Michèl Ancel will cry hailstones.

What are the chances that playing as a female character in assassin creed unity was supposed to be a surprise story twist and they fucked up trying to keep it secret using the poor excuse that it's to expensive to animate, and boom gamescom announcement "woman were in it all along"

Zero.

More likely they'll PRETEND that's the case while behind the scenes they were panicking to amend the mistake.

I cant' believe there have been 8 core AC games, plus multiple portable games in 7 years.  The resources dedicated to AC are crazy.

If you, like me, feel that Ubisoft is not releasing enough Assassin's Creed games you can always play Assassin's Creed Monopoly.

Putting joking aside, an AC tabletop game could actually be cool, whether that's something like a reskinned Mafia/Werewolf traitor game, or a 2 player vs board game where one person is trying to defend a target while an assassin tries to get close enough for a kill.  Defender has say, 10 guards and the assassin has 10 identical units, one of whom is the real assassin and others are distractions or other tools. 

Yup, I agree. Assassin's Creed themed Monopoly is just weird, though.

Oh god yeah it is, not to take Monopoly too seriously, but what a super weird reskin to put on that game.  Like, in the AC world, you'd be assassinating the guy who owned Park Place, not buying it.  It's like making a Monopoly: Occupy Wall Street edition.

At least they didn't have to animate any women for this game.  Must have made it super easy.

Could not stop myself from making that last comment.

You guys did play Brotherhood, right, and buy all of the stores and landmarks and make lots of money?

I mean that's basically Monopoly.

You guys did play Brotherhood, right, and buy all of the stores and landmarks and make lots of money?

I mean that's basically Monopoly.

Dammit, I have no rebuttal for that.

But the bigger question is, why is this thread tagged Groundhog?

Groundhogs are easier to animate than women, so it makes sense.

Because Billy Murray's an assassin of course

Groundhog_Day_Jump.gif

hay-cart.jpg

I feel like you've been waiting for a long time to use those images together. 

Honestly I just google image searched Groundhog Day and found it :)

I can't remember exactly but I guess I tagged it with groundhog as it's the same shit ever year

tumblr_m9pjw1lJ3p1rdutw3o1_500.gif

I can't remember exactly but I guess I tagged it with groundhog as it's the same shit ever year

:tup:

That video makes me hopeful, evoking the name of Assassin's Creed 1, and its presentation of targets.

And then they say "combat is a fail state", and then they say "we did our best to let you play how you want to play, so you can fight if you want to."

Oooookay.

I have no intentions of playing this game, but I had to ask: why is called Unity? The French Revolution is a period marked by discord, not unity. "Unité" wasn't even in the motto of the Revolution. Coupled with the fact that there's an engine called Unity, it just seems like a silly choice of names. "Liberty" seems more appropriate. "Terror" even.

Brutal co-op assassination bro kills = unity

Up to 4 bros can descend upon one poor target in a visceral multiplayer assassination experience

Ass 1 strangles the target, as Ass 2 shanks him in the kidney, whilst Ass 3 stuffs his thumbs into the targets eye sockets. Ass 4 films it all on his iphone

Which Ass are you?

Assassin's Creed Unity: UK Shopping Centres Co-op DLC.

"Slip seamlessly into the role of one of four grumpy hooded youths...."

Good news everyone! Ubisoft found a way to integrate World War II into that boring-ass French revolution setting. Can't wait for that Eiffel Tower turret sequence!

That... seems really stupid. How do they not have perfect control over what's being simulated through the Animus after fifty games?

Rule of Cool I guess. If anyone thinks that's cool. I might think it was if it wasn't all a simulation in the first place within the world of Assassin's Creed. Not-quite-fiction within fiction. "You need to get out of there!" Do I, really? This is just a glorified Virtual Reality based on my "genetic memory". I think I'm good.