TychoCelchuuu

David Lynch's Josh Brolin's Campo Santo's Fire Watch With Me: A Motion Picture Event

@Mington: I'm not even seeing the bundle on the Canadian PS Store. Others have indicated to me that it's also cheaper to buy separately on US PSN though.

Hmm, I have an i7-4770, a GTX 970, and 8 GB of RAM, and it's running pretty badly, but I am almost certain it's my computer's fault... I've been having problems with drivers and clashes with my on chip integrated GPU

It's sorted now, and working well on Ultra :).

The nvidia driver doesn't seem to recognise it yet, but I was able to brute force everything to use the 970. 

I also downloaded the soundtrack. It is mighty fine, but I don't want to look at track names because they might be spoilery. I'll investigate later.

Where the hell do the soundtracks download to, on a mac, if you get the bundle. What the hell, steam. 

The default is [....]/steam/steamapps/common/Firewatch/soundtrack on PC so something similar on Mac?

EDIT: Whatever jiggery pokery was done to get Firewatch running smoothly has now broken The Witness for me (sigh!). Oh well, Firewatch first

I haven't had that "a game I want to play is out now, but school isn't over yet" feeling for a long time. Thanks for the nostalgia Campo Santo.

this game is profoundly beautiful, jeez. 

what the heck kind of weird, x-axis inverted, rotated moon they got in wyoming, tho 

OrelsGz.jpg?1PNrHiRx.png?2

Sad to hear about people's struggles with the PS4 version...but I'd always assumed people realized that Firewatch was first and foremost a PC game. 

Oof, I pretty much mainlined Firewatch, I probably missed some things. But I finished it in about four hours. I'm too tired to form coherent thoughts right now but holy crap, what a game.

One thing I'd been keeping in my mind while I was playing was everything from the trailers. I was surprised to see that almost none of that dialogue exists in the game! I guess they wanted to get the tone across without actually putting plot details out ahead of time. I really appreciated that.

One thing that bugged me is that the R button toggles running while Shift pulls out the radio. I'm pretty sure you can change them in the controls but I spent the whole game waving my radio around instead of running as though my limbs were wired upside-down. And don't even get me started on where they put the Reload button!

e: Gatazhk declares this a PC game and in the very next post I get mad about the keyboard controls. Sorry, but these two-bit devs are clearly amateurs when it comes to keybinds!

Wheeee played for 5 minutes just now before I had to uni just so I can see for myself what people on neogaf are complaining about with regard to the framerate. I don't really have a problem with it, high settings for me stays above 30fps on my ancient, underclocked-due-to-BIOS-issues HD 6950. Will play more tomorrow and stream it; I've got a date tonight :3

One thing that bugged me is that the R button toggles running while Shift pulls out the radio. I'm pretty sure you can change them in the controls but I spent the whole game waving my radio around instead of running as though my limbs were wired upside-down. And don't even get me started on where they put the Reload button!

e: Gatazhk declares this a PC game and in the very next post I get mad about the keyboard controls. Sorry, but these two-bit devs are clearly amateurs when it comes to keybinds!

I kid you not I open the game check the keybinds and try to switch left shift and R because everyone knows left shift is always jog/run and R stands for radio.  But I cannot do it!  I've been pranked by Campo Santo!

I've played about 3 hours of the game, I only stopped because it's late and I'm tired and it was a struggle to tear myself away. I love what I have played so far. I disagree that it would be better as a movie, the small amounts of interactivity and exploration have added a lot to the story and characters for me.

been playing for about 4 hours. looks gorgeous and i'm enjoying the voice acting, dialogue and music. that said, i just broke sequence on a narrative thing and the voice acting didn't account for that. it felt really disjointed and made me turn off the game for a bit. wondering if there's multiple autosaves for me to go back to. 

Regarding keybinding, I agree that r=run is a bit odd but one thing that really impressed me was you can use the number keys to put in the combo on the locks on the stashes (or you can also use the mouse wheel). that's a sign of a  good PC game and not a dumb port.

It runs poorly for me on PS4. ):

Like not terrible, but a noticeable framerate drop when moving around, etc.

I was originally planning to get it on PC, but I've been having weird issues with it lately, so I went PS4 just to be safe (and, admittedly, a little bit for the theme)! But it turns out safe wasn't so safe. D:

Man it's got great style, though. Love those vistas. Mm-mmmm.

It's been running pretty well on my iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), actually. Real good looking. I'm using a magic mouse, which makes it a huge pain in the butt to choose dialogue options, especially given the little time limit. Sorry, Delilah, I'm just trying to choose the right thing to say by slowly pawing at plastic, give me a sec

My officially not supported 2013 Iris integrated graphics MacBook Pro has been treating me just fine on low (still gorgeous) settings.  I'm relieved!

I might be halfway through?  I don't know if my Henry quite matches up with his ongoing diary.

I just got stuck on the rope at the start of the game.  I've tried reloading multiple times but it just leaves me holding the rope at the top of the gulch.  I watched the Giant Bomb Quick Look, so I've seen how it should work. 

EDIT: ok it worked on my 3rd load. I swear i was mashing spacebar, but maybe I'm crazy.

One thing that bugged me is that the R button toggles running while Shift pulls out the radio. I'm pretty sure you can change them in the controls but I spent the whole game waving my radio around instead of running as though my limbs were wired upside-down.

Had the same issue with Steam controller actually.

Trucking along just fine on my PC, which is reaching the age where it generally can't run the newest games on high anymore.  Looks fabulous and I have it set to Ultra.

I got to the end of Day 2 and called it quits for the night.  The lady was starting to doze off watching me play and she wanted to see the rest of it. 

My favorite little touch so far in the game is just how it loads.  Boom, title screen.  No logos, no lawyer print, no bullshit.  It's classy in a way that I didn't know starting a game for the first time could be. 

I, too, have yelled at teens!

To be honest, I would have preordered and been happy to hand over my cash no matter what the game was, just to support the Thumbs et al.; however, I am hugely enjoying it so far :)! I'm playing on a 360 controller, and am getting used to the scheme. But after playing the Witness I keep pulling the radio out when trying to run :P. I got to the end of Day 2 before stopping.

I love the physical map and compass, but wold be useless without the dot to show where I am, since I have precisely zero sense of direction. It's great that there are options to turn off the position marker and quest updates in the options; I might try this with different choices some time after finishing.

I also love the camera, and that I can't see what I've done so far, being film and all.The photographer in me is worried that the framing in the view finder won't match the final pictures, but that's all part of the fun with a disposable camera too. I may do a specific photo run, because I think it would be fun to get them developed even if it takes an age to get here in the UK :).

Just finished the game, I liked it a lot. One thing that bothered me way more than it should was that no one at Campo Santo seems to have pondered the logistics of carrying an entire case of beer into the wilderness, all that extra weight would be brutal.

The location of Christmas Duck makes me suspect that Katie was one of the teens, she would be roughly the right age in 1989.

It runs poorly for me on PS4. ):

Like not terrible, but a noticeable framerate drop when moving around, etc.

Yeah I had a lot of frame rate drops as well, but I think it happens less as the game goes on? Maybe I just really got used to it but it seemed most noticeable at the beginning and only seemed to happen otherwise if I was moving the camera around quickly.

I am not sure if I was supposed to be able to pick up all those

pendants at the little fort but they went into the documents list and went you read them they were the note for the controlled burn rangers.

God the soundtrack for this is great, amazing job Chris Remo!