TychoCelchuuu

David Lynch's Josh Brolin's Campo Santo's Fire Watch With Me: A Motion Picture Event

I’m playing it on low graphics settings on my rMBP 13 which doesn’t have a graphics cards (according to the Steam page you have to have one for the game), so it might work on your laptop. That said, in your position I would wait until I could play this gorgeous game with higher settings.

Oh, yay, I have the exact same laptop and no gaming PC so I will give it a shot.  Keyboard and trackpad controls for life!

I have a surfacepro3 with HD 5000 on-chip graphics, processor is an i7 so that should be fine at least.

Anybody have something similar and succeeded in running the game? I mean technically I can run MGS:V but it is awful.

Oh, yay, I have the exact same laptop and no gaming PC so I will give it a shot. Keyboard and trackpad controls for life!

Played it with an Xbox controller since I'm a console guy, but it's totally a game you can play with a trackpad. Sometimes the game just crashes, eg when you start it or for some reason when you set the graphics to Low, or when it transitions between text sequence and first person in the beginning, but don't get discouraged, once it runs it runs, I played it in one sitting.

I'd suggest details on low, shadows low, and light rays low, and everything else off. That way the FPS are ok and it looks gorgeous.

Minor thing, but does anyone know if you can disable those BioShock-esque objective pop-ups?

Yup, you can! But when it's disabled it'll still show up when you pull out your map which I think is a nice design choice. You can also turn off the little blip on the map that tells you your current location if you want to be more hardcore.

So hype for tomorrow!

I've gotta ask though, does this game have native support for the Steam Controller? What about the Novint Falcon??

Yay, I can finally talk about the game. Don’t worry, I’ll spoiler tag everything that might be a spoiler. If anybody who already played the game wants to talk about the story, I’m up for that, but I won’t in this post since there wouldn’t be much point if nobody else here has played it yet.

One thing I’m really excited about is a feature that was embargo’d until now. It’s not a spoiler and it’ll be mentioned in the reviews but I’ll tag it anyway:

You find a disposable camera that you can use to take pictures at any time. You’ll get them digitally at the end, but even cooler is that you can get them sent to you as actual photos. Can’t wait for those to get here.

Here are some:

Took me way to long to take this one :D

cfd704dd-9cda-400d-8dae-bbd4dd620439_nor

fae8b629-bfa4-41cc-ad95-a1398df265b2_nor

And I found some cool easter eggs from a certain other game. Actual spoilers this time:

I found The Accidental Survivor, one of the books from Gone Home. Don’t have a picture. But even cooler: Good Ol’ Christmas Duck! :D

http://imgur.com/0pJl1br

(Can’t figure out how to get that picture here properly)

(My review in German in case anybody’s interested http://mag.shock2.info/review-firewatch/)

RPS seems to really like it, which is great, because I like them. Now I'm even more excited.

I think this game warrants a spoiler thread, as I'd imagine A lot of people on here will have competed it by this time next week, seems silly for the majority to have to write spoiler tags.

I'M DOING IT!

This thread can be used to discuss the framerate

Good idea, was thinking of making one myself but wasn’t sure if that’s how it’s usually done on here.

The framerate is total shit when you set it to Ultra on an rMBP, man ;)

I didn't realize this was out so soon. It's released the same day on PS4 right? I can't seem to find a link for the game to purchase online so I can have it downloaded when I get home. Is it not out on Playstation yet? I can't seem to find a different release date.

Maybe it's just available in the store on the console. Hmmm.

I didn't realize this was out so soon. It's released the same day on PS4 right? I can't seem to find a link for the game to purchase online so I can have it downloaded when I get home. Is it not out on Playstation yet? I can't seem to find a different release date.

Maybe it's just available in the store on the console. Hmmm.

It won't go live on PSN until sometime Feb 9th tomorrow. Apparently in order to make your game pre-orderable on PSN is a process that has to be done weeks in advance, and they couldn't do it in time.

Nice

fwtheme.png

There will be a blog post on campsanto.net about the theme, it's not up yet (lazy devs) due later today.

1se8PEV.png

Started to get a little worried with the PS4 performance chat. Glad to find out people are just making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Think I have to wait until this weekend so I can really sit down and soak this one in, need to reach a happy point in The Witness before then. This is shaping up to be a life-stealing few weeks of video games for sure.