TychoCelchuuu

David Lynch's Josh Brolin's Campo Santo's Fire Watch With Me: A Motion Picture Event

Rich Sommer hosts CARDBOARD! a board game podcast.

Re basketball players: Oh Timmy D, I love you so much. 

Also the Green Bay Packers have gotten super into playing Settlers of Catan (which Rich Sommer talks to David Bakhtiari. about on an episode of CARDBOARD! actually)

There should be a game jam with the theme of re-purposing Firewatch concept art.

My favorite version of this is professional basketball players that are nerds. Jeremy Lin plays DOTA 2, and Tim Duncan plays D&D.

My favourite version of this used to be Vin Diesel having a long-standing love of tabletop roleplaying games, particularly D&D, until I found out Ronda Rousey moderated a Pokemon forum and will derail interviews to talk about Pokemon.

I don't think this counts considering Disney owns it (he said as much).

However, this totally counts:

https://twitter.com/ollymoss/status/647494330404311041

Well, they actually were pretty thrilled with that. They said as much on twitter. (Basically that user was highlighted by Bungie as a member of the Destiny community, and that person uses the firewatch tower art as their banner across the top of their twitch and when Bungie just pulled that image, it ended up in their tweet, which Bungie took down, but the campo team actually liked it.)

I don't think this counts considering Disney owns it (he said as much).

However, this totally counts:

https://twitter.com/ollymoss/status/647494330404311041

I don't mean to imply that it's all being done illegally or whatever, just that it's work Olly has done and is being used in a way that he himself didn't necessarily agree to in the first place.  That's why I said "his work is being repurposed" and not "his work is being stolen", though that certainly happens.

I'm pretty hyped. I guess since following Mixnmojo onto Idlethumbs it would be weird not to get the game...I mean, it's basically made for me.

Oh man  :ratched:  :sartre:  :scary:  :pan: huge backlog already... 

We would want to release it in as many ways as we can, but publishing on Steam is honestly the easiest so we can only promise that on release date at the moment.

Alllll right, so when's it REALLY coming out for PC? :mellow:

Vin Diesel + D&D never went away, but it is still not as entertaining as people trying to talk to an MMA fighter about her training regime and she starts talking about the IV values of Miltank.

Vin Diesel + D&D never went away, but it is still not as entertaining as people trying to talk to an MMA fighter about her training regime and she starts talking about the IV values of Miltank.

Well, priorities you know... Miltank is important.

My favourite version of this used to be Vin Diesel having a long-standing love of tabletop roleplaying games, particularly D&D, until I found out Ronda Rousey moderated a Pokemon forum and will derail interviews to talk about Pokemon.

She also plays World of Warcraft on her days off.

PRICE POINT

How much would you pay for Firewatch?

I started thinking about this the other day after The Talos Principal was released on PSN for £32. That price came as a bit of a surprise to me. I'm not saying I don't think it's worth that much. I am saying, I don't know why it can demand that price point?

We are predisposed to physical game pricing at retail. But

how does a digital only game communicate it's worth in a trailer, a few screenshots and a bit of blurb?

With the size of the team at campo santo, the past experience and talent of its team members and the time it's taken to build I'm sure Firewatch will be worth every penny of £32... But, I don't think I'd pay it :/ although, that's more about my lack of free time at the moment, I can't imagine I'll be able to dive in to it day one, and if you're not day one you might as well wait for a sale amirite.

So what price do you expect to see Firewatch launch with, and will you pay it?

It's difficult, as I'd imagine Firewatch is larger/more ambitions than most of the games it'll get lumped in with? But how do you communicate that to Joe blogs...

Plaster lots of 5 star reviews on the front cover

It's interesting that in the neogaf thread there were lots of people posting "what exactly is this game again?" "WHAT IS FIREWATCH?".

How much do you pay for a mystery box on blind faith? A mystery box with a beautifully designed question mark by Olly Moss.

Just have to hope it gets good reviews and lots of buzz around release and not get swallowed up by mirrors edge, deus ex, far cry and probably a ton of other stuff. Gulp

I was hoping for a mid December release then I could've played it over the Christmas break. And it could potential get a late entry in to a lot of people's GOTY lists... It's like Oscar season for digital games! Am I talking shit now? Do GOTY articles effect sales? What was I talking about again...

I picked up both the game of thrones and tales from the borderlands season passes the other day for £10 and £8 respectively

Video

Games

I will purchase it for pretty much whatever price they offer it, because I have trust that the Thumbs wouldn't try to cheat me and the price they're selling it for is representative of the cost to make it. That being said, from the trailers and presentation at PAX I've seen, I would be very surprised if it was above $40, and I'm expecting around $20. I'm not sure exactly what created that impression, but I'd guess it's a combination of graphical fidelity, being vaguely aware of the team size, and just the general price related narrative based games like Gone Home. On the other hand, if it turns out to have the branching storyline of my dreams and full of all sorts of cool little details like throwing the turtle in the toilet, I'd love for it to be a huge $60 dollar experience.

At this point, the "What Is Firewatch?" thing from Giant Bomb might be the best marketing you can get for the game. 

I would, no second thoughts, drop up to $45 on Firewatch. Up to probs $120 for a collectors/special physical edition. Sean has said elsewhere (including the firewatch subreddit) that it won't be AAA $60 priced, but I would probably still buy it at that price (or higher), maybe I might think about it for a couple minutes though.

I guess when it comes to game prices for me, considering the massive backlog, basically it boils down to "Do I wish to/can I afford to play through a substantial part of this on day one?" and if the answer is no,I  just wait until I can actually can play it and then get it, which for me usually means a year late.

I did buy Alien Isolation, Metal Gear, and Project Cars on day one but it is very rare for me. I admit I have no time to play Firewatch right now. Maybe during the Christmass holyday. 

My guess is that when I actually purchase Firewatch it will be between 15-20 clams.