TychoCelchuuu

David Lynch's Josh Brolin's Campo Santo's Fire Watch With Me: A Motion Picture Event

On the contrary, I hope they've done away with these telltaleisms altogether.

I'm in the mood for some fan art.

Who's with me?!?

I think Sean announced the announcement was coming, but didn't give a date in his announcement of the announcement.

Well, Sean's tweet said something along the lines of "we'll be announcing the release date soon," which was immediately followed by a tweet from Jake saying "soon is a relative term." 

There's been a few other things too though... Wired UK posted an interview with Olly Moss that mistakenly leaked the release as August. Someone from Campo Santo replied to a tweet asking about this saying "we're going to see how August goes and hopefully announce a release date if we feel we made enough progress".

Some of this can be seen on the Firewatch subreddit.

I mean Sean kind of indicated they were shooting for August on Dota Today when he said that The International was around the time they would be hitting crunch time for release.

I'm mostly worried that Sept - December of this year is pretty stacked with releases, (it's something I've seen Arthur Gies from Polygon tweet about a few times that indies should be wary of the remainder of this year), what with a new Metal Gear, Fallout, Mario Maker, another Destiny expansion, another Assassains Creed, Halo 5 Guardians, COD Blops 3, Star Fox, Just Cause 3, & Hitman all coming this year, and this is all just AAA stuff.

The 'soon' is a Kojima-'soon'.

It's perfectly timed subliminal cross-brand marketing, the seeds sown long in advance. You know it's what Campo Santo is ALL about.

Sean is reading this and thinking "yep, nailed it."

Firewatch opens with FMV of Rich Sommer looking directly into a camera and saying:

Kept you waiting, huh?

Wow I thought it was a real trailer until the music continued playing past the video. Was just a bit surprised at not seeing anything new and not hearing any dialogue.

I saw this in the elevator at work today. I really, really hope someone asked Campo Santo's permission for this.

post-7393-0-72059300-1442903524_thumb.jpg

I saw this in the elevator at work today. I really, really hope someone asked Campo Santo's permission for this.

Haha, they did not.

That's just brazen. Is this a case where lawyers are unleashed to collect a license fee? Or do you just take it and treat it as advertising?

I can't imagine most indie studios having the resources (both time and financial) to pursue legal action. It's just a crappy situation.

It would be interesting and possibly a bit sad to see a complied list of all of the recorded thefts of this image.

Olly should have cleverly worked the title into the image so at least it would be getting subliminal advertising through all this image piracy.

Sue that charity!

Technically it would be 'Sue that massively wealthy corporation that's helping promote a charity'. I think they'd be more successful suing the charity.

Rich Sommer was just on the Dice Tower podcast. I recognized his voice because I recently watched a firewatch trailer. I am always a little shocked when celebrities turn out to be nerds. Board Games and voicing a video game, madness!

Yup, Rich Sommer has been posting on boardgamegeek for years. He is a legit nerd and has a terrifyingly large board game collection.

My favorite version of this is professional basketball players that are nerds. Jeremy Lin plays DOTA 2, and Tim Duncan plays D&D.