TychoCelchuuu

David Lynch's Josh Brolin's Campo Santo's Fire Watch With Me: A Motion Picture Event

Pro-tip: you shouldn't really be boning your X. It'll only end in hurt feelings.

It may also void your warranty

In hindsight I guess I should have said this really deflates my xboner.

Legitimately was just expressing some sadness about not getting to play this game when it launches, this is literally the first "console exclusive" game I have cared about at all this generation

Will there always be an option to sing "why why why Delilah", a bit like the draw gun option in Westerados?

Just listening to the bombcast with Sean and Jake! Weird - I got really stressed when the question 'So what is Firewatch?' turned into a very idle thumby pensive evasion when they didn't want to put it in a box. It happens a lot on the idle podcast because the thumbs are generally very careful with their words and there's more room given to exploring and explanation and reiteration. On the bombcast, where perhaps it's a little less ruminative (?...yes that's definitely a word now), my brain was screaming TELL THE WORLD ABOUT YOUR GAME!!!

Anyway, looks goooood.

Oh cool! When were they on the bombcast? Could I get a link if you don't mind. I'd like to hear them talk about the game since they're (understandably) apprehensive about doing it on IT.

In video form also. Worth checking out the segment with Robin Hunicke at the end, there was some very interesting VR/AR discussion there.

Just listening to the bombcast with Sean and Jake! Weird - I got really stressed when the question 'So what is Firewatch?' turned into a very idle thumby pensive evasion when they didn't want to put it in a box. It happens a lot on the idle podcast because the thumbs are generally very careful with their words and there's more room given to exploring and explanation and reiteration. On the bombcast, where perhaps it's a little less ruminative (?...yes that's definitely a word now), my brain was screaming TELL THE WORLD ABOUT YOUR GAME!!!

Anyway, looks goooood.

Honestly, I wonder if the running joke about nobody knowing exactly what Firewatch is might endear more of Giant Bomb's audience to it than just coming out and saying that it's a 1st-person exploration adventuring mystery game. Marketing can sell a game, but dank, chunky, organic, naturally-grown memes? That'll blow your game up.

Marketing can sell a game, but dank, chunky, organic, naturally-grown memes? That'll blow your game up.

Natellite, please. These memes will be bespoke and artisinal.

Natellite, please. These memes will be bespoke and artisinal.

They're super good.

Awesome! Thanks :tup:

Worth watching it on YouTube to see Sean, Jake and Scoops in the flesh. And Jeff's crazy eyes.

Ha, the Giant Bomb interview is great. It started frustrating, but ended up just absurd. I don't know if anyone listening to the podcast knows what Firewatch is, but hopefully they are intrigued.

Ha, the Giant Bomb interview is great. It started frustrating, but ended up just absurd. I don't know if anyone listening to the podcast knows what Firewatch is, but hopefully they are intrigued.

It's an FTP client for Just Cause 3 right?

Regarding the Giant Bomb video, I would have really liked to hear Sean or Jake answer Steve's question as to how you can have the character do something awful like putting the turtle in the toilet or throw it off a cliff, have it acknowledged by the world, validated as a viable option with a comment without it breaking the character or story. Maybe not 'break' but kind of over-stretch or contradict the character that is possible to built through the dialogue choices and that shows through in its background.

I had a fucking moment when they started comparing the hands in Tacoma and Firewatch.

Checking Twitter/IGN hourly for past few weeks. Announcement feels imminent, but never comes.

Checking Twitter/IGN hourly for past few weeks. Announcement feels imminent, but never comes.

I think Sean announced the announcement was coming, but didn't give a date in his announcement of the announcement.

Hopefully there'll be an announcement of a date of an announcement of a teaser announcing the date of a trailer announcing whatever the announcement is.