TychoCelchuuu

David Lynch's Josh Brolin's Campo Santo's Fire Watch With Me: A Motion Picture Event

E3 video in Sony event was really cool, but I wanted Jake/Sean/Chris on stage like Hot Scoops was in the Microsoft event!

Remo wrote a thing for the Playstation Blog

My heat kinda skipped a beat when I saw "console exclusive" and then I remembered that exclusive doesn't really mean what it used to mean. 

Interesting post from Jake on the Santo blog about how they put together their stage presentation for the Playstation announcement. Its a shame a lot of this work didn't come across on the stream as they just showed the trailer fullscreen, but I imagine it was pretty cool in the auditorium.

Remo wrote a thing for the Playstation Blog.

My heat kinda skipped a beat when I saw "console exclusive" and then I remembered that exclusive doesn't really mean what it used to mean.

Do you think Remo used that phrasing because he was supposed to or because he was being cheeky?

That trailer made me so excited for the game! It's definitely on my list as of this moment.

I think Sean mentioned on a Dota Today that they would be wrapping up before The International (which is in august), but it sounded like maybe that was supposed to be edited out. Also, it was long enough ago that it may have changed.

Do you think Remo used that phrasing because he was supposed to or because he was being cheeky?

I tried to figure that out, and couldn't tell.  I'm sure that they've mocked the whole console exclusivity thing in the past on the 'cast. 

Is it strange that my favorite part of the E3 trailer is the turtle? Because its a cute little dude/dudette.

The wording was from Sony but they settled on "console debut on PS4," which is wording I like because it's accurate. The blog post was written weeks ago and we didn't think to change that wording there, sorry about that.

The wording was from Sony but they settled on "console debut on PS4," which is wording I like because it's accurate. The blog post was written weeks ago and we didn't think to change that wording there, sorry about that.

Can you tell us more about the turtle? :wub:

Is Henry a whistler?

It would be fun (and a bit of a rip off of transistor) to have a whistle button. So you can make Henry idly whistle to himself whilst he hiking through the woods or whatever. Don't know how'd that would fit in tonally.

This came to mind when thinking about how you could use the track pad. Touch to whistle. Move your finger up and down the trackpad to change the pitch of the tune.

I hope fun little ambient things like that make it in to the game.

Also, massive thank you's and giant belly raspberries to all of camp santo for brining this to the PS4. Now make sure it's a good game! Don't make me rescind my raspberries :P

No worries, I understood what it meant.  I'm stoked that Firewatch is going to have that many more people who can play it (and that many more sales for you guys to make more great things). 

I was getting Firewatch regardless but much happier to get it on PS4 than Mac. This is my most anticipated game of all time.

I appreciate that Jane is frantically trying to work out how to stop people from flushing that turtle down the toilet

Also when I saw that concept to real screenshot comparison it looked so damn gorgeous. Olly and Jane have done superb work on this. Making stylised 3D stuff that really does look and feel nice is such a big hurdle that ends up being a common oversight by even the biggest productions. It's great to see Firewatch nailing it.

(...I hope I haven't wrongly attributed who deserves the credit for this work! Please correct me if I have)

Also when I saw that concept to real screenshot comparison it looked so damn gorgeous. Olly and Jane have done superb work on this. Making stylised 3D stuff that really does look and feel nice is such a big hurdle that ends up being a common oversight by even the biggest productions. It's great to see Firewatch nailing it.

(...I hope I haven't wrongly attributed who deserves the credit for this work! Please correct me if I have)

There's also the graphics programmer, Paolo!

As an Xboner you can take solace in the fact that you'll continue to be disappointed for years to come.