TychoCelchuuu

David Lynch's Josh Brolin's Campo Santo's Fire Watch With Me: A Motion Picture Event

Rich Sommer is almost certainly best known for his nuanced portrayal of the rather hapless Harry Crane in HBO's hard-drinking, heavy-smoking drama Mad Men

HBO?

HBO?

Ha; I also assume that every show I don't watch is on HBO and therefore I am not able to watch it.

Except for Hannibal, which I assume is on Showtime.

Yeah, it's not the most difficult mistake to make - these three-letter names all merge in to one.

Holy crap those shots are gorgeous. Hello new desktop wallpaper.

Ha; I also assume that every show I don't watch is on HBO and therefore I am not able to watch it.

Except for Hannibal, which I assume is on Showtime.

Mad Men - AMC

Hannibal - NBC

Argh the game is just coming along gorgeously.

kqttxln.png

I've named this repeating set of star patterns on the (presumably unfinished) starfield "Sadface."

Sooo did anyone else order a Firewatch poster, and has the USPS tracking page progressed past the pre-shipment phase?

Maybe the show's on HBO in the UK? Do they even have HBO in the UK?

Mad Men is on HBO in Brazil. We don't have AMC here. So maybe they have the rights to broadcast the show overseas.

About the game, fantastic screenshots! It's finally time to change my iPad wallpaper.

Maybe the show's on HBO in the UK? Do they even have HBO in the UK?

Nope, we have Sky Atlantic which picks up things like Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire and Mad Men; so it gets jumbled in as "HBO".

Sooo did anyone else order a Firewatch poster, and has the USPS tracking page progressed past the pre-shipment phase?

They said they were getting sent out in batches. 

https://twitter.com/jennegatron/status/584522691492741121

Here are mine. (Granted I live less than 2 hours from SF, so shipping times are a little less dramatic.)

Here's hoping it's a quirk of international shipping, and that the package arrives tomorrow.

Last status for USPS tracking for me was March 29 "Processed Through Sort Facility" at San Francisco. Now they are somewhere in Finland.

After getting accepted at the "origin sort facility", mine arrived at "origin facility" and is now "in transit to destination".

Long awaited new season of CO-OP (spiritual sequel to The 1UP Show) kicks off with a GDC episode which features a lot of chat and video of the Firewatch demo. Around the 28 minute mark

People seem to like this game

The first thing I noticed, aside from the game being pretty, is that the FoV seems low. Like in the mid 50's low.

Please, please, please include some kind of option for that even if it's unsupported because it breaks the viewmodels.

FOV is now at 80 or 85 (w/all animation updated to match) and it looks very nice. I believe we will have an ini file tweak available to ruin the game if you want higher FOV than that. No promises on that number or that implementation strategy but its what is currently discussed.

FOV is now at 80 or 85 (w/all animation updated to match) and it looks very nice. I believe we will have an ini file tweak available to ruin the game if you want higher FOV than that. No promises on that number or that implementation strategy but its what is currently discussed.

Yay, 85 is great unless there's a hidden Quake 3 easter egg mode.

This is so exciting! Apparently there's something amiss with my posters, and there will be an inquest!

Hmm... something might be up with mine too then, still at the origin facility. I guess they come up with a unique origin story for each poster there and it just takes time.

Maybe Origin Systems is involved, and a Mark Hamill-starring FMV is being shot for each of your posters?