TychoCelchuuu

David Lynch's Josh Brolin's Campo Santo's Fire Watch With Me: A Motion Picture Event

I'm disappointed that IGN didn't say they were blown away.

Mitch Dyer is actually a pretty alright guy, far as I can tell. He's also an outspoken proponent of Far Cry 2.

OK, having watched that 17 minute demo, I'm now screwing my eyes up and plugging my ears for any further coverage (good luck getting me to buy into Firewatch week, IGN)! It seems like the radio banter will be a key driver of the game, and what I heard was marvellous, but I don't want to spoil any more of it though. Any idea when it's coming out?

I was really thrown by some of the sky detail in the demo. At minute one you see the sun, at minute eight you see a dark blue and starry sky (while the terrain is still lit like it's late afternoon), and by minute twelve the sun is set, leaving uniform sky and a darkened landscape. I wouldn't know, does it actually work like that away from the light pollution of a city, or is it videogаme time scale at work?

It seems like the radio banter will be a key driver of the game

I'd go so far as to say the banter looks like it is the game. It makes me think the game's not for me because I'm a quiet person who wouldn't speak up at most of those points in the game. I feel like I'd leave a lot of the dialog prompts untouched and so miss the point of the game.

As soon as he pulled out that map and compass I was sold.

Edit: Holy Crap I had no idea Henry Crane was on the voice cast!

Also this looks amazing. I can't wait.

OK, having watched that 17 minute demo, I'm now screwing my eyes up and plugging my ears for any further coverage (good luck getting me to buy into Firewatch week, IGN)! It seems like the radio banter will be a key driver of the game, and what I heard was marvellous, but I don't want to spoil any more of it though. Any idea when it's coming out?

Firewatch Week is going to be the new Shark Week :D

Mitch Dyer is actually a pretty alright guy, far as I can tell. He's also an outspoken proponent of Far Cry 2.

Why would a pretty alright guy not be blown away by Firewatch?

Looks good, could use a bit more of ghosts though.

Now seriously, this looks pretty good, a more grounded story focused a lot on the characters. In 17 minutes I already care for those guys, it's important that I feel connected to them so easily, great work on the writing. The voice actors are doing a fine job as well, had no idea Harry Crane/Rich Sommer was involved. Can't wait.

I have yet to watch the demo and I'm somewhat torn whether I want to or not.  I'd really like to go into it knowing as little as possible.  I'm normally not one who cares about spoilers but in the case of something like Firewatch I feel that discovering everything about the game on my own will be much more satisfying.

I have yet to watch the demo and I'm somewhat torn whether I want to or not.  I'd really like to go into it knowing as little as possible.  I'm normally not one who cares about spoilers but in the case of something like Firewatch I feel that discovering everything about the game on my own will be much more satisfying.

I kind of wish I had held off for those same reasons. I was in no way on the fence about buying it so I didn't need persuading, I just kind of hit the play button and started watching out of excitement.

Still, it's no big deal. Life goes on etc.

I have yet to watch the demo and I'm somewhat torn whether I want to or not. I'd really like to go into it knowing as little as possible. I'm normally not one who cares about spoilers but in the case of something like Firewatch I feel that discovering everything about the game on my own will be much more satisfying.

While there aren't major spoilers in the video (I believe), it does have something that I wasn't expecting, not a "plot twist" or anything like it, just a indication of what the narrative might approach. So yeah, if you want to discover things by yourself, I recommend you not to watch it. I personally don't mind it at all.

I don't expect that watching the demo would ruin the game or anything and there's no way I'm not going to play the final release.  But even knowing things like there's a map and compass you can use makes me not want to see anything beforehand.  That sounds like an awesome thing, but it'd be so much awesomer if I didn't know that in advance.  I feel like what I'm going to love about Firewatch is going to be the little details like that, none of which I want to know about until I can see it for myself.

It was a lot of fun watching the player try to look at the map while staring into the sun, then finally realizing he had to turn away to be able to read it.

Then he sent off an angry e-mail saying "Your map texture brightness is wrong!"

I was really thrown by some of the sky detail in the demo. At minute one you see the sun, at minute eight you see a dark blue and starry sky (while the terrain is still lit like it's late afternoon), and by minute twelve the sun is set, leaving uniform sky and a darkened landscape. I wouldn't know, does it actually work like that away from the light pollution of a city, or is it videogаme time scale at work?

I think that this is video game dramatic license. Certainly, one can see stars after sunset, while there's still a glow on the horizon, but at this point the landscape wouldn't be nearly this red and lit up. I think that the minute 8 - 10 minute portion of the IGN video makes me think that the sun is very, very low on the horizon, and then, at the 12 minute part, the sun has fully set. It's set a little fast, but again, this is storytelling, and I think it works great and looks gorgeous. (I'm less ok with those same repeated star patterns from the PAX demo because I am a nit-picky jerk.)

I thought the banter was kinda heavy, I don't like when characters have got hot zingers on every little thing.

I do think they established the character well. He seems a bit sour, but still co-operative and moving forward.

It's a good plot point that there are two nude, lesbian teens in the woods and they shrug him off as some impotent sad-sack. I thought that was a good quick way of defining him.

I didn't like the female voice at first cos she was pretty sharp, but it's an easier pill to swallow once she's vulnerable and a bit more humanized. So well done on that, I guess!

The 17 minutes just flew by. I thought the writing in a broader sense was well done, even though the word-for-word dialogue didn't click with me.

i wonder if Steve is saving up some delicious rumor to torment their game release. 

the conspicuous absence of sasquatches is telling, right? you know there is going to be some sasquatches (sasquatchi?) in there. 

I think Steve is gonna provide some Hot Scoops about what the FireWatch does when you equip it after level 12.

Have we already speculated that he's ranger rick (?) from Gone Home?  Steve could start insinuating that it's a prequel to Gone Home. 

I only watched about five minutes of it, just enough to whet my appetite - I want as much as possible to be as fresh as possible.  It looks fantastic and the dialogue sounded and felt natural.  Quite excited!

I'd go so far as to say the banter looks like it is the game. It makes me think the game's not for me because I'm a quiet person who wouldn't speak up at most of those points in the game. I feel like I'd leave a lot of the dialog prompts untouched and so miss the point of the game.

While it's true that dialogue is a big part of the game, exploration and traversal and progression through a story are also important parts--and every single time there's a prompt to reply to Delilah, you can always simply choose not to respond, and the game considers that a valid response, with its own authored content.

I really hope this has controller support. this seems like a perfect laying on the couch playing on my projector kind of game.

I thought the banter was kinda heavy, I don't like when characters have got hot zingers on every little thing.

I do think they established the character well. He seems a bit sour, but still co-operative and moving forward.

It's a good plot point that there are two nude, lesbian teens in the woods and they shrug him off as some impotent sad-sack. I thought that was a good quick way of defining him.

I didn't like the female voice at first cos she was pretty sharp, but it's an easier pill to swallow once she's vulnerable and a bit more humanized. So well done on that, I guess!

The 17 minutes just flew by. I thought the writing in a broader sense was well done, even though the word-for-word dialogue didn't click with me.

I don't know if

the girls are meant to be lesbians. Skinny dipping isn't necessarily sexual.

I don't know if

the girls are meant to be lesbians. Skinny dipping isn't necessarily sexual.

They are if this is the direct sequel to Gone Home! And a prequel to system shock.

While it's true that dialogue is a big part of the game, exploration and traversal and progression through a story are also important parts--and every single time there's a prompt to reply to Delilah, you can always simply choose not to respond, and the game considers that a valid response, with its own authored content.

Maybe this is more than y'all are ready to talk about, but I was curious as to whether the game tracks the frequency of your interactions/responses with Delilah as well as the tree you've chosen? For instance, if I don't trigger the conversation options regarding the nudity of the teens swimming in the lake, does that change the game in some way?