TychoCelchuuu

David Lynch's Josh Brolin's Campo Santo's Fire Watch With Me: A Motion Picture Event

Gamasutra interview with Sean!

With Walking Dead in the rearview, Campo Santo focuses on the future

Then we looked at doing a 2D style adventure game-meets-Metroid situation. I knew what I was going to do on that, but it quickly got really expensive when we wanted it to be more than Metroid, because we wanted it to have lots of character interaction, and lots of dialog.

You can do Metroid with lots of dialogue!  Just look at Other M...

I tried to make that sentence work both ways!

I did like this quote from Sean:

We're going to do a big event coming up at GDC.

Inflatable winged donkeys for everyone!

Awww hell, Campo Santo Metroid would have been great. But if Firewatch is a huge hit, maybe... OK, strike that for the moment. 

The game is really shaping up, and I'm looking forward to it. Sean talks about Firewatch a bit like Jim Sterling talked about Spencer Mansion (Resident Evil) a week ago – the idea being smaller, more personal, more immersive and more memorable game spaces. Which may actually be something quite similar to the adventure games of the past with their unforgettable and always unique environments, and maybe also similar to what Red Thread Games attempts with Dreamfall Chapters. The pure feeling of you are really there which sandbox games often lack completely.

Still, also looking forward to more (Sean's favorite and at the same time least favorite word upcoming) game-y parts of Firewatch and of course all the wacky stuff that seems to go with it. How mystery goes hand in hand with a Surgeon Simulator type clumsiness in handling objects, that I have yet to understand. That glorious moment when the penny drops, hopefully not too far in the future. ;)

Don't want to spoil details for anyone who hasn't or doesn't want to watch the video, but some of the things they showed in that demo are EXCITING.

If Campo Santo made a Metroidvania, I would buy it 10 times.

The Firewatch demo looks so good. :(

Looks super good. Can't wait to check the game out on Friday. Will have to remember to make all different dialogue choices!

Ahaha, of course they

stole the map system from Far Cry 2

Of course they did.

That part made me cry out "ah ha! hahaha!" out loud. That exact series of syllables.

Even though I have yet to play it, I also feel like there was probably a spark of their Miasmata discussion in there.

Also I like that the IGN headline is a witty clever thing taken from Twin Peaks Rewatch and a tiny part of me hopes Jake wrote the entire electric pun run because with every new line I could hear him leaving in a pregnant pause.

Ok that's it. No longer going to check this thread. Don't want anything spoiled.

I'm disappointed that IGN didn't say they were blown away.

This game looks boring. Who cares about people talking? Nothing even happens. Why do humans exist? Life is suffering.