TychoCelchuuu

David Lynch's Josh Brolin's Campo Santo's Fire Watch With Me: A Motion Picture Event

Let's address the elephant in the room: if I see a mountain, can I climb it?

Jane says in the comments of this blog post that 

I use World Machine to make the faraway mountains/hills that still has to be geometry but you can never walk on.

In episode 120 of Idle Thumbs they discuss big dog robots as fire-fighting, wood-chipping, human-devouring wilderness monsters, so um I guess sorry for spoiling the final boss.

In episode 120 of Idle Thumbs they discuss big dog robots as fire-fighting, wood-chipping, human-devouring wilderness monsters, so um I guess sorry for spoiling the final boss.

AMAZING

We've all been thinking "Bigfoot."  It's big-something, all right...

Kill Screen has an article up, but it's not really about Firewatch and more about the author's own interest in RNS posters:

http://killscreendaily.com/articles/firewatchs-design-rich-american-history/

Huh, I guess the link between NPS posters and Firewatch wasn't a stretch after-all:

http://blog.camposanto.com/post/100680711679/i-asked-twitter-if-anyone-had-questions-about-the

Aw, that game's artwork looks nothing like this game.

Anyway, I just preordered Overwatch—can't wait to play this Campo Santo game!

Uhhh... y'all need to read that Greenlight page's description:

The idea is based in another game´s poster (Firewatch). I saw that poster and i was explecting a game with that graphics. I got big dissapointed with the fact that was a 3D game ( its awesome, but it was not like the poster) So i created this.Similar background, almost same color palette, but totally diferent game.

Yeah, and also check the description on that page:

The idea is based in another game´s poster (Firewatch). I saw that poster and i was explecting a game with that graphics. I got big dissapointed with the fact that was a 3D game ( its awesome, but it was not like the poster) So i created this.Similar background, almost same color palette, but totally diferent game.

I hope you weren't attributing a negative tone to my post. I was mostly joking. It's a little too on the nose, I think, but it's fine!

Huh, really? That's a little more suspect, then.

"My bad for not mentioned it in the game description, i did in youtube, but not in Steam. *Edited*"

Still, not that big a deal, I think.

Outsourced boss fights are still better than no boss fights. How disappointing would it be if the Fire Witch died in a cut scene?

Really enjoyed Sean's thoughts on conflict in narrative. Having just recently seen The Trip to Italy (and being someone who rewatched The Trip multiple times), it puts into perspective for me what's so unique about that movie (/tv series). There's something refreshing about existing in a (relatively) conflict-less narrative space for a few hours. 

« Come come, Mr. Bond, you get just as much pleasure from killing as I do... »

Thanks, Sean, for the Q&A and the look into your writing process. I found especially interesting how you discovered the characters' voices. I'm finishing up a novel at the moment and one character in particular has forced me to do a lot of research to get it right. It's a tricky process! The correct use of idiom, mannerisms, accent... I was critiqued for my novel from last year for writing too much in my own voice, so I'm taking special care to diversify it this time around.

I just recently found out about the 4-koma format, which is usually conflictless but is still oddly satisfying.