TychoCelchuuu

David Lynch's Josh Brolin's Campo Santo's Fire Watch With Me: A Motion Picture Event

ALSO the game looks incredible. Like, I've never seen something that looks so much like fully realized concept art as this game does. 

whatt?? i honestly had no idea the trailer was going to be that sexy. a lot of the material released so far has left an "eerie, introspective" impression, but its interesting that at some point the game gets very intense.

Oooops, guess I missed it they're showing gauntlet now on Pax2. I thought this was still couple of days away. Now I need to go find that trailer, hopefully they've hit public on their youtu... Do they even have a YouTube channel. I'll go look

Yes they have a youtube. No theres no trailer. Yes I have sad face

Really enjoyed the panel. The game looks really good and the character animation is so nice! Can't wait for the game!

This panel was the first that I looked into the game, and I've gotta say I like what I see. I hope the direction the team is aiming for is fulfilled (regarding the game being open-ish, but still guided). That's gonna be impressive finesse to see executed.

Also.

Every time they said "Henry" I was like "Why are they talking about me." It's an underused name in video games. So Firewatch is already GOTY for me POWER TO THE HENRYS OF THIS WORLD.

I was interested in who the cast are but just read on that IGN article that they're keeping that quiet for now. I kind've recognised them, which piqued my interest in the first place... Bioshocks Elizabeth? Courtnee draper

Looking super awesome. I really want to learn some more about the main character's visual design. I wonder if the team have a developed image of the character's appearance in sketches, concept art internally. They talked about the 1st person camera being cheap, in terms of not having to fully animate the character, but I'm curious about releasing an image of the character (like Half-Life or Dishonoured box art) and how that would affect the player's mental image of the character going in.

Also: chunky fingers. I like the chunky fingers.

The trailer was so fantastic. I was really happy to hear how confident that Campo Santo seems in their vision and the way they're executing on their vision. Allowing for a huge amount of player choice is a big chunk to bite off, but it seems as if they have the tools in place to make it possible. Super excited. 

(WARNING: NERDY NITPICKING TO FOLLOW)

So, they showed a little bit of the night sky in the current build they showed off, and I took some screenshots, since I am the worst, and wanted to see if I could tell what time of year the game took place in based on the star positions. I was disappointed to realize that the night sky is composed of a set pattern that repeats. I wonder if they'll update the game to show the true constellations. As a person who's written a bunch of software to make sky maps, it's fairly straightforward to do, but I have a feeling it's probably a big challenge to implement that within a video game.

(END NITPICKING)

Trailer looks really good. I enjoyed the panel livestream, but had a real tough time picking up the dialogue during the demo. Maybe the sound will be better on the archived video.

Lol, is that Tory as well?

I can really hear Sean in the writing and even the speech mannerisms.

Boy that ghost really adds to the tension of things. I'm guessing there isn't a link to the archived panel yet eh?

Olly tweeted he'd put it up on the blog

Who'd have guessed it? Firewatch is a spooky ghost game

I need to play this game. Is it 2015 yet? How about now?

Also: chunky fingers. I like the chunky fingers.

Based on the fingers I can only imagine Henry looking exactly like Wreck-It Ralph.

Based on the fingers I can only imagine Henry looking exactly like Wreck-It Ralph.

Yup, that was exactly what I thought when I saw them.