TychoCelchuuu

David Lynch's Josh Brolin's Campo Santo's Fire Watch With Me: A Motion Picture Event

Oh man i'm so jealous of your majestic national parks in America

Wondering how easy it would be to change textures and filters for a snowy xmas DLC

I went to Muir woods only a couple month ago... didn't actually pay to go in, we just hung out in the car park for 20 minutes and caught the next open top tour bus back to the city. The tour bus man educated me in the history of the woods and exploding eucalyptus trees :tup:

So like some time in history, some guys brought these trees over from Australia and planted them in Muir woods but little did they know that during forest fires the sap inside the trees would boil and bubble and eventually explode, showering the nearby forest in molten burning sap spreading the fire further and making it almost impossible to contain. (Don't quote me on this)

I went to Muir woods only a couple month ago... didn't actually pay to go in, we just hung out in the car park for 20 minutes and caught the next open top tour bus back to the city. The tour bus man educated me in the history of the woods and exploding eucalyptus trees :tup:

So like some time in history, some guys brought these trees over from Australia and planted them in Muir woods but little did they know that during forest fires the sap inside the trees would boil and bubble and eventually explode, showering the nearby forest in molten burning sap spreading the fire further and making it almost impossible to contain. (Don't quote me on this)

I just now noticed that the colors change on the Campo Santo website. Holy shit that's great!

A wizard does it.

Well, a wizard() anyway.

A wizard does it.

Well, a wizard() anyway.

Haha, what a great easter egg

Haha, has this already been said or are you the first one to check the page source, TerriShiavosGhost?

I'm sure others have seen it, though I don't know if anyone else has posted about it. I remember checking it back when they put the site up, since I had basically just started learning javascript and was curious how they did it. Wizardry indeed.

I've just wasted 5 minutes of my life looking for the gamescom streaming schedule to see if I could find out when campo santo were giving their fire watch demo.

Then it dawned on me that they're going to paaaaaaaaax not gamescom. Doh. I also brief wondered earlier if the idle thumbs crew were in Germany already and if we'd still get a podcast this week. Lucky I didn't tweet them asking if they had eaten any sausage yet

Also, saw a tweet earlier that the next issue of the quarterly review is imminent :tup: I still haven't managed to read the last two. I really want to, I can just never find the time. (I'm reading Dune at the moment and am at 8% after a month, so I'm on target to finish it around this time next year) an audio version would be so good.... Read by Danielle in the funny voice

Damn straight, I'm finding it hard to image that moving

Will there be a transition between this bright blue sky and the burnt orange dusk? I kinda hope not actually, it'll be more effective if Henry pop's in a cave for a bit and comes out as the suns setting

That's really faithful to the concept art, isn't it?

I don't know why you'd hire a distinctive artist to do your concept art and then not make that. I was bitterly disappointed when Metroid Prime's concept art was cool and creepy and nothing at all like the actual in-game stuff, as nice as it was.

I don't know why you'd hire a distinctive artist to do your concept art and then not make that. I was bitterly disappointed when Metroid Prime's concept art was cool and creepy and nothing at all like the actual in-game stuff, as nice as it was.

It's not exactly common though. I have never seen an ingame screenshot for any game that has been more faithful to the concept art than that one and I do enjoy looking through concept art for games I've played.

It's a sliding scale for sure. Some parts of firewatch look just like the drawing, but pretty often you have to take liberties to make it work as a 3D space that actually makes sense, and is fun to explore on top of that. The goal is always to capture the feeling of the concept art, though, as the mood it conveys is the most important part.