TychoCelchuuu

David Lynch's Josh Brolin's Campo Santo's Fire Watch With Me: A Motion Picture Event

Cool! Although I have a really hard time believing that a National Forest Service (or whatever) would ever have a poster that looked even remotely as good as that piece by Olly.

Oh wow that's beautiful, at a glance I thought it was concept art those texture and lighting are very pretty.

Can the next blog post be about the hands. I wanna see some Henry hands! Does he have hairy fore arms? Does he sport a wrist watch? Is he partial missing any fingers that he covers up with a thimble?

Also on a more serious note, are you thinking about celebrity talent for the voices? Do you guys already have someone signed on? Is it elijah wood?

Ooh, nice! The National Parks ones are great. 

That propaganda WW2 one is seriously gross, though. 

Oh wow that's beautiful, at a glance I thought it was concept art those texture and lighting are very pretty.

Can the next blog post be about the hands. I wanna see some Henry hands! Does he have hairy fore arms? Does he sport a wrist watch? Is he partial missing any fingers that he covers up with a thimble?

Also on a more serious note, are you thinking about celebrity talent for the voices? Do you guys already have someone signed on? Is it elijah wood?

Henry's design and how he moves is probably a little ways off from being talked about but I am looking forward to it! Player movement is getting better and better right now, and the animation work that pairs with that has me excited, but I don't think that it's at a point yet where the team wants to show it off.

Not much much to add, but that's a sweet looking tower. Enjoying this drip-feed of information!

Burning%20Forest%20Sign.jpeg

:tup:http://www.tvtechnology.com/prntarticle.aspx?articleid=203247

After my last post I got thinking about movement speed and what constrictions you can put on the player without upsetting them. Do you give the player the ability to sprint and jump everywhere like a lunatic, movement that everyone has come accusomed with in first person games and will notice their absence if missing. There will be a lot of people who's first action in firewatch will be attempting to jump off the top off the fire tower and plumiting to their death. What happens when you die in firewatch? Can you die in firewatch? I'm assuming not. I'm also assuming there'll be no jump button, its not needed, real people don't jump that often.

I know you guys are aiming to have Henry act and react in a realistic way when speaking on the walkytalky. But how do you make the player move around the environment in a realistic way without placing too many restriction on the speed of their movement, (we all hated having to walk Marcus fenix whilist the next level loaded). I think a sprint button is an absolute must, restricted by a hidden short stamina meter. but how do you stop people abusing it? Then genius struck!

If the player is making Henry sprint over some rough dangerous terrain that any real person has no right running over, make Henry trip and twist his ankle, giving out a groan and saying "running here was a stupid idea, I need to be more careful" then take away the ability to sprint for 5 minutes whilist Henry moves around with a bit of a limp :) you can have that one for free x

If the player wants to sprint down the stairs of the firewatch tower, let them, but there will be a 1/5 chance that they'll trip and end up in a heap at the bottom. GOTY

Really liking the blog posts. I definitely like reading about the paths of ideas that lead to a decision in a game. It's especially interesting when the decision that needs to be made is about an idea or mechanic that hasn't been done before. I'm hoping for many more blog posts.

i've been being nosey and done a little digging on the firewatch animator. He must be a forum reader? SHOW THYSELF so that we may circle jerk upon thy face

Anyway, i feel like firewatch is in good hands.... get it.... because he's animating HANDS

tumblr_lpfjydRPWy1qafrh6.gif

Yeah I ended up figuring it out by going to the blog and seeing that the animation post was posted by "James," which was more or less conclusive. Your way is good too though.

Oh hey, he did the loading screen for Vroom! which is one of Lacabra's games!

Oooh, and he's the guy that did that Half Life trailer where he put all the extra animations in. That was so sweet!

Yes it's James Benson, who made those great Half Life animations and the TF2 dance animation. He also worked at Lionhead for a while (Fable 3 era) and has been animating on other unannounced indie stuff in the meantime. We're happy to have him on Firewatch!

Wow awesome! I love his animations. They're so good!

Hey it's finally been announced that Paolo has joined Campo Santo! He's a cool dude. I made a game with him at DigiPen. He's way super good at graphics. U:

I told him about Idle Thumbs when we went to DigiPen, so basically I got him this job.