TychoCelchuuu

David Lynch's Josh Brolin's Campo Santo's Fire Watch With Me: A Motion Picture Event

they should do a viral marketing campaign where they burn down a nature preserve

The firefighers who die stopping the fire will have cute little headstones in-game! It will be adorbs.

synergy

massive property damage

synergy

I wonder if they will get Allard to consult on the game. I mean, now it's their gig, they could.

"Ah, yes, hullo Mr Allard"

- Who is this?

"Ah, uh, this Jeoff from, ah, Jeff Goldblum Bay Area, hurrr, Impersonation Services. Aha."

- Don't waste my time, dude, I'm rappelling down Mt. Vesuvius

"I, uh, ahh, I've been asked to call you with an, ah, offer. My client wants to know what value you place upon, er, precisely one hour of your time"

- You guys are sick

"Ahh, sir, they say that nature... ahhh... nature... ahhh... nature finds..."

- *click*

Jake, you know this is a forum for lies and terrible jokes. Just be glad we aren't gone-home-ghosting it.

"We're so sick of the readers on the forums beating our memes to death!"

*Sean Vanaman steps on stage at GDC.  He look at the crowd.  He clears his throat.  He speaks.*

VANAMAN: "Cool, cool, cool game."

Wait. is that real?

Wait. is that real?

It was confirmed by friend of the show, Kirk Hamilton.

An IGN.com Preview!  And a comments section!

At any point, the player can pull up their walkie talkie and enter a dialogue with Delilah. Stumble across an abandoned campsite? See what she thinks about it. Find something terrifying in the wilds? Talk to her, and maybe she can calm you down. Campo wants Firewatch to feature real conversations, and ultimately have the player build a real relationship with Delilah.

Have you ever wished Dead Rising was just Otis yelling at you, "Don't hang up on me; it's rude!"?  Wish no more!

Breaking ludonarrative news: Campo Santo to introduce the official metric of video game height: The Allard™ Scale.

Yeah me too!

After the concept art blog post, IGN article and tit bits from Sean's GDC talk. It all sounds amazing.... Like evolution in gaming and yet at the same time it doesn't feel over ambitions. I have faith they can delivery on what's promised.

Was Sean's GDC talk recorded?

Also, I want to play this on my PS4 with the playstation VR headset around October 2015. Just throwing it out there ;)

Oh and another thing, if you pull some xbox indie console exclusive BS I'll fucking disown you.

Was Sean's GDC talk recorded?

Probably will be posted on GDC Vault, only $500/yr for access!  :(

The IGN article says that Firewatch is set after the Yellowstone Fires of 1988. I love this sort of thing. Too few games leverage the richness of the real world, or if they do, it rarely informs the characters, events, tone in a serious way. Thinking back, Jake and Sean have been pretty excellent at this in their past work — the Deep South in Walking Dead, Minnesota in Puzzle Agent (fake town, sure, but I loved the sense of place), etc.

And damn, Olly's concept art. I hope they can make the in-game art match. I imagine that's why they're hiring a rendering/shader programmer.

Read the IGN article. I'm sold. Goodbye this thread; I don't want to spoil my dinner.