TychoCelchuuu

David Lynch's Josh Brolin's Campo Santo's Fire Watch With Me: A Motion Picture Event

Love that image, can't wait to see some gameplay. Best thing about all of this is discovering the "video games" t-shirt though. Its beautiful. 

@ollymoss @camposanto Sweet! That lighting makes me feel all warm and also scared for some reason. Can we expect to see high res wallpapers?

— Luiz Felipe Bezerra (@lfelipebezerra) March 13, 2014

@lfelipebezerra @camposanto Yeah, they'll be on the blog tomorrow.

— Olly Moss (@ollymoss) March 13, 2014

If you can't wait that long, the assets on the website make for a pretty darn big image:

3AGeJunl.png

Well hello, new desktop background. 

Without knowing anything about it, I'm really glad the other voice is a living person. On the Jonathan Blow tone control I was a bit disappointed when he was talking about The Witness as being all audio diaries. Sometimes it makes a world feel dead, or at least less dynamic. 

Spoilers: Henry finds a nearby watchtower only to find another Henry there. He must then find Delilah without her knowing that he knows and after an ambiguous conclusion the player must determine what is real.

I'm gonna level with you guys. All I know about firetowers I learnt from an old Betamax copy of this movie:

There's a higher-res version of the art for retina devices, if you guys would like it. 

(My buddy and I, by the way, were pretty impressed by the way that the site builds the page such that if you happen to have an insanely wide screen it still looks real nice, what with the repeating mountains in the background. Whoever designed that, kudos! )

But what do you do when the fire is propagating in a forest of dialogue-trees? There's only one way to find out.

Reckon they're making it compatible with insanely specced out multi-monitor setups? Niiiiiice!

Haha no, that's just to make the website compatible with retina display devices like modern smartphones and Macbooks. 

There's a higher-res version of the art for retina devices, if you guys would like it. 

(My buddy and I, by the way, were pretty impressed by the way that the site builds the page such that if you happen to have an insanely wide screen it still looks real nice, what with the repeating mountains in the background. Whoever designed that, kudos! )

Awesome, thanks for that. It looks really good with Ubuntu's default themes. :tup:

Haha no, that's just to make the website compatible with retina display devices like modern smartphones and Macbooks.

But but but Oculus

This game isn't going to have any real 'fire', the fire in the title is a metaphor for Henry's rage.

Nonsense.  Making a firewatch game without any fire would be like making a game set in an underwater city where the city doesn't flood at the end.

A man with troubled personal relationships sequestered in a fire tower? Sounds like an Edward Abbey game.

I recall vaguely that one or several of you has expressed a fondness for hiking and camping in the Sierras. I imagine that this game is going to be an expression of that in some ways. Interesting.

I would honestly hope for a large fire at the end. Maybe something distant, with a bunch of particles in the sky and that weird lighting you get in the middle of a huge forest fire.

EG

Wouldn't be too hard if it's distant, animated smoke billboards and some fire particles and you're done. Also the mystery better be:

Mulder+Aliens.jpg

"We're so sick of the readers on the forums beating our memes to death!"

*Sean Vanaman steps on stage at GDC.  He look at the crowd.  He clears his throat.  He speaks.*

VANAMAN: "Cool, cool, cool game."

they should do a viral marketing campaign where they burn down a nature preserve

That's art from a throwaway two week prototype when we first built our computers so "screenshot" is a little intense but yeah!

At GDC Sean definitely confirmed that Firewatch will feature a necklace made of fingers and also ghosts, definitely.