TychoCelchuuu

David Lynch's Josh Brolin's Campo Santo's Fire Watch With Me: A Motion Picture Event

According to the print available in the merch store, this game takes place in 1989, the year I was born. Cool.

I can't wait until Halloween comes and they don't have a direwatch event and all the fans get so, so upset 

I'm really looking forward to some sweet hand/arm animations.

I'll be disappointed if I can't pull a piece of burning wood out of my leg.

Sounds like they are dodging the bullet when it comes to non player characters and all the problems that comes with the territory - unless there are other people in the forest. 

I would frankly be quite interested in seeing them tackle doing talking characters on screen, as an small indie outfit. But it makes sense to do them [radio lady] of screen  - if that's indeed what they are doing, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

The phrase "No water is available at this location" doesn't exactly cpnvince me of the wisdom of staying in a fire lookout tower for recreational purposes.

Also really hoping for Pokémon in that curated experience of a procedurally generated forest.

So, a firewatch, right? I can see the Gone Home metaverse continuing then.

This sounds really promising, it's definetely my kind of game. Can't wait.

Sounds like Miasmata with proper physics-based fire propagation, unlike the bullshit fake fires in Far Cry 2. But I hope it's still kind of a spiritual sequel to Puzzle Agent.

It better turn out that the person on the other end of the radio is you from the future, come to save you from the past from your own horrible mistakes. But since your current actions affect future you, the game only tells you you've made a mistake after you've made it, because otherwise how would future you know it was a mistake???

Sounds like they are dodging the bullet when it comes to non player characters and all the problems that comes with the territory - unless there are other people in the forest. 

I would frankly be quite interested in seeing them tackle doing talking characters on screen, as an small indie outfit. But it makes sense to do them [radio lady] of screen  - if that's indeed what they are doing, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

This is kind of the status quo when it comes to first person indie games. I like them, but I wonder if the vague genre that's being established of exploratory first person games will ever reach beyond the prerequisite of you being alone in an uninhabited/abandoned space.

It's like, Gone Home is a great game. It is also a game with a setting and plot that are extremely informed by the technical and development time limitations of Fullbright, and they were smart to make the decisions they did. I just hope it's realistic to expect that some day indies can do these kinds of games without assuming things like an empty home, recently moved into (and thus populated with repeat boxes), non-interactive records of others' souls (audio logs).

*yet another edit* It does sound like your relationship with your superior in Firewatch is dynamic though, which is a step in the right direction. Here's for getting to a point where we can have games about being in a space inhabited with other people you believe exist.

I'm definitely most curious about how you will be interacting via radio communication since it sounds like that's going to be a core feature. Will there by dialogue trees? Genuinely curious how they want players to communicate in the game.

Fun fact! In the US, you can rent and stay in old disused fire lookout towers: http://www.recreation.gov/

For example, here's one in California: http://www.recreation.gov/camping/black-mountain-lookout/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=72306

It's like the world's most distributed hotel.

That's amazing, thank you.  Bookmarking that for possible future use.

Henry is out in the woods, when a new and hitherto unknown strain of malaria suddenly breaks out. Firewatch: Patient Zero.

Henry is out in the woods, when a new and hitherto unknown strain of malaria suddenly breaks out. Firewatch: Patient Zero.

Fire Cry 2.

So true. I was looking for an IPad wallpaper for a long time, was never satisfied with any I got, and then I just saw this.

But I focused the image in a different way:

post-33826-0-18404800-1394760828_thumb.jpg

It's so fucking beautiful.

So, a firewatch, right? I can see the Gone Home metaverse continuing then.

This sounds really promising, it's definetely my kind of game. Can't wait.

To get out of the tower, you have to unlock the door. The key is underneath the Fire Safety Christmas Duck.

Getting a proper hi-res wallpaper image of just the watch tower would be really, really swell.

Getting a proper hi-res wallpaper image of just the watch tower would be really, really swell.

@ollymoss @camposanto Sweet! That lighting makes me feel all warm and also scared for some reason. Can we expect to see high res wallpapers?

— Luiz Felipe Bezerra (@lfelipebezerra) March 13, 2014

@lfelipebezerra @camposanto Yeah, they'll be on the blog tomorrow.

— Olly Moss (@ollymoss) March 13, 2014

If you can't wait that long, the assets on the website make for a pretty darn big image:

3AGeJunl.png

It better turn out that the person on the other end of the radio is you from the future, come to save you from the past from your own horrible mistakes. But since your current actions affect future you, the game only tells you you've made a mistake after you've made it, because otherwise how would future you know it was a mistake???

G-Man confirmed.