TychoCelchuuu

David Lynch's Josh Brolin's Campo Santo's Fire Watch With Me: A Motion Picture Event

ivmnsHX5lu0Ay.png

ibqNw0zkNFCYDh.png

ibk2qv2yqOmVyt.png
Firewatch is a first person exploration adventure game where you play as a man named Henry, who is a fire lookout in the Wyoming wilderness a little while after the Yellowstone fires of 1988.

iuRgULxG5hA8A.png

Your only contact with the outside world is via your handheld radio, through which you talk to your supervisor, Delilah. Your first day on the job, something mysterious draws you out of your lookout, and from that point on you begin exploring the wilderness.

iTVoqGbtzSn6c.png

The game will have a focus on narrative, dialog choice, natural conversations, exploration, and probably fire? But we don't know about fire yet.

ibv5D2Xd7jZngY.png

It's coming out for Windows, Linux, and OSX, hopefully in 2015. It may also come out on consoles.

istcsOiGGyN7B.png

iHRGL0QQ7MVQm.png
Sean "Famous" Vanaman: known largely for his DotA Today hosting duties and his motorcycle riding skills, Sean Vanaman was also a significant contributor to "The Walking Death," a graphic novel.

Jake "Video Games" Rodkin: Jake was raised in the wilderness of Wyoming by bears, which would make him uniquely suited to working on this game if the other developers had not also been raised in the wilderness of Wyoming by bears. Jake was a co-writer (with Famous) on "Walker Dead."

Olly "That Olly Moss?" Moss: Olly Moss makes sweet movie posters and, in his spare time, video games, it turns out?

Nels "Ander" Son: Head designer of Mark the Ninja and now designer at Campo Santo, Nelson is rumored to be involved in cyberpunk and cards.

Lord Chris "Boost" Remo: Chris Remo needs no introduction.

Jane Ng: Art person. She worked at Double Fine once, and her credits include Stacking and The Godfather (the game, not the movie).

Will Armostrong: He codes things.

Read the first Campo Santo Quarterly Review, compiled by the Campo Santo Ombudsman, to get a feel for the company.

iWNNRXqzCmpRp.png

ixt4zdWCsYii.png

I thought we already knew it was a real-time paper factory simulator. Plant and harvest your own forests! Deliver paper worldwide! Make your business large and successful enough, and you'll murder planet earth in an effort to fill orders! But you'll get rich doing it, so it's okay!

I thought they would announce it today? Now I have to wait until tomorrow?! sjeesh

All I know is that the newsletter headline had better be "Campo Santo announces cool cool cool game".

Psychonauts 2.

Their game is this forum community, we've been playing it for over ten years and now finally it comes to fruition, bursting forth like a frothing Peter Molyneux from a cake.

You play as Park Ranger Wizard, a man who must face his destiny after he awakens an ancient evil.

I'm fired up about this. Hope there will be a trailer to watch.

Froth: The Game

But in all seriousness, I think it's Spelunky: Lord's Management edition. Different spelunkers compete against each other for glorious treasure by commanding armies of bats, yetis and ufos in traditional arena combat.

Well I just inappropriately laughed loudly at the office.  Thanks mikemariano.