Sign in to follow this  
YoThatLimp

Titanthumbs

I am hoping to spend some time playing Titanfall today. Don't be shy about joining my game or whatever. Maybe we can get a crew running this afternoon.

Does anyone still play this on PC? Been thinking of getting some private matches going, playing online shooters just feels a bit soulless without a group of people to jabber to.

I play it frequently, but it's hard to say when. I think it would be fun though.

I'm on Origin as Sci-fiGreg and still play occasionally. Would definitely log on for some thumbs private matches.

Bump.

I'm currently playing a bunch of other stuff at the moment, but I would certainly be in for some Titanfall rounds. I haven't checked to see how the game is doing post-DLC release, and I'm almost afraid to even ask.

So Clyde, what do you think of the new maps? Are you happy that you plunked down for the season pass?

Yes, but for strange reasons. I didn't want to be bother with deciding whether or not to buy DLC and that was worth $20 to me. As far as the maps go, I like two of the a lot. The water-treatment one is compact and vertical like a smaller version of Smuggler's Cove. It also has channels that titans can fall into for cover which then funnels them to one of two sides of the map. Titans cannot get out easily, but pilots can. It encourages distant titan battles. While that is going on, one side of the main channel has a couple of towers connected with scaffolding that feels like the upper story of Rise. Then the otherside of the channel feels like being inside the rooms of Corporate. 

The map that is based off the training simulation is larger and super fun for traversal. Lots of wall running and jumping into buildings across levels. I'm also a fan of its color pallete. I like it a lot.

I don't enjoy the swamp map. To me, it's very open, but has one-story temple ruins in a flat central location. I imagine that someone may get good at bouncing between the trees, but I haven't seen that. On the plus side, all they would need are some logs on ropes and a ewok-skin on the grunts to make it feel like the Battle of Endor. 

I've put nearly 100 hours in at this point and I haven't gotten tired of the original maps. Just yesterday I was playing Nexus and I decided to flank. I ended up in a hydroponic lab and I was like "Where the fuck am I? I didn't even know I could go into this building." This happens to me every two weeks or so. What I would really like to see (assuming that it doesn't hurt my ability to get into a game) would be new types of minions or something like the turrets, but more important. I'd love to see minions that zerg titans or flying minions or minions that wall-run or wall climb. Stuff like that would be cool DLC. I'd also like to see a new mode that is more Lords Management than attrition.

I would love a variation of Last Titan Standing (infinite lives but you start with a Titan) that was a Lords Management. You already have the abilities of a LOMA in there.

Anyone want to do the 4 player co-op?

Is this a new thing? Haven't played in months, but I'd be interested in giving it another go.

Is this a new thing? Haven't played in months, but I'd be interested in giving it another go.

Yeah it looks like they have a 4 player horde mode thing!

I just re-installed the game as I'm looking for a dumb shooter to play. Do you need the DLC for horde mode? I'm prettyunsmart on Origin too if anyone feels like grouping up.

So, I sent out a few invites in hopes of getting a group of Origin friends who'd like to play Titanfall, ME3, and Dragon Age: Inquisition multiplayer. I'd love to try out the new horde mode in Titanfall, or see if we can manage to find a real match even.

Has the dropoff been that dramatic? I've been playing Call of Duty the last few days, and while the multiplayer is fun, I don't think it's as interesting or dynamic as Titanfall.

I'm just afraid if I try and go back to Titanfall that it'll be a complete wasteland. That, and the stupid Gooser challenge basically made me give up on trying to finish up that specific Regen.

Origin name: BigJKO

Just bought it and am downloading now. I have no idea what this game is about!

Added both ya'll.

Public matches for attrition (which seems to be the most popular mode) haven't been bad for me. I've played 50 matches of this game and I don't think I've ever run into particularly abrasive people. Maybe that's b/c no one uses mics on PC though?