Forbin

Costume Quest 2

Looks like they're making another Costume Quest.  Which is awesome.

Heh heh heh. Midnight City is a Majesco label.

Midnight City are also publishing Gone Home on Consoles, I like the cut of their gib.

I'm happy that DF isn't relying completely on Kickstarter for projects. I like to see a nice mix.

I can't find the forum policies about bumping old threads versus creating new threads, so if this should be a new thread, please split.

Costume Quest 2 was released yesterday. So far, a lot of reviews say it sticks closely to the formula of CQ1, which for me, is a very positive thing. I didn't get a chance to play much last night. I was planning on buying it next pay day, but I participated in a key giveaway contest on Twitter hosted by the project lead at Double Fine.

Has anyone else picked this one up yet?

I can't find the forum policies about bumping old threads versus creating new threads, so if this should be a new thread, please split.

In general, I'd say people here favor bumping old, relevant threads rather than making new ones. Though making a new one isn't that big of a deal (it certainly happens on a regular basis).

I plan on picking it up this week, and I agree, just more of CQ1 is pretty much fine by me.

I liked CQ 1 a lot (to this day, the ONLY PS3 game I have the platinum trophy in), but never got it together to play the DLC. Probably going to buy this once I start getting paid from the new gig, but with being in paperwork-limbo right now, I have no idea when that will be.

The DLC was better than the main game in my opinion, but I also thought the CQ1 went on a bit too long so it might just be the brevity of the DLC that I liked.

Is this not on PSN? I didn't see it this evening.

Also you didn't get a platinum Miffy! Downloadable titles aren't allowed such treasures.

Console releases are coming later, but a date hasn't been set yet.

Is this not on PSN? I didn't see it this evening.

Also you didn't get a platinum Miffy! Downloadable titles aren't allowed such treasures.

I think I've played CQ on Halloween night the past 2-3 years and I almost have enough in my steam wallet from selling CSGO stuff to get #2 for free, but I haven't played the dlc for the first game yet so I might just play that instead and get 2 next year. I suppose I could always play the game on a day other than Halloween, but it would feel weird.

If you're concerned about theme, the CQ DLC is more Christmas themed than Halloween themed. Sort of a Nightmare Before Christmas kinda combo.

Has nobody else here played CQ2? They changed equipable items with cards you can use mid-battle, it's mostly the same but with a different plot. Also the game has an Xmas Duck cameo and one from Bee and Puppycat! :3

CQ2 is in the Halloween sale, and is half off on Steam.

I almost feel bad buying it at half price when it just came out.

I think I'm going to wait to get a PS4 to own this now that Halloween has come and gone and I didn't buy it in time. But that's how I played the first one, a year after release, later October, then Grubbins a month later. It was a nice holiday experience.

i picked it up and played it a bit last night.  It's fun, but so far just feels like more costume quest.  I need some more time to find out what is new mechanically.  I really appreciate them taking the robot's ability and moving it so everyone can do it.