Tanukitsune

Frog Fractions 2: A Fractional Kickstarter Campaign

I wonder if there is some poor soul playing these kind of games to death in hopes of finding Frog Fractions 2, then again, wasn't that how they discovered the first game?

The best comment so far:

Will there be events such as earthquakes and rock slides? also will there be real-time moss gathering?

It's just a shame the ARG has hit a brick wall. :( 

That was super cool. There is a GBA rom that he made which is a static image of Rick Astley with a bit-tune rendition of 'Never Going to Give You Up'.

Anyone else opt out of Kickstarter updates (the "keep me in the dark" option)? I was even afraid opening this thread that it would be spoonfed to me. I'm trying to figure out how blacked-out I'm going to be with this!

Ok so that like is a 404 for me, which could mean any number of things.

Maybe you posted the link wrong on accident. Maybe you posted a link to a page that doesn't exist to make people think frog fractions 2 is out. Maybe you posted a link to a page that did exist but was deleted in the 15 minutes between you posting it and me clicking it. Maybe you've secretly been the creator of Frog Fractions the whole time. It's Frog Fractions, there are no rules.

What I choose to believe is that the creator of Frog Fractions 2 intentionally posted an important looking update on the kickstarter page and immediately deleted it just to see how people would react.  This is 100% in the realm of possibility here.

This is simultaneously the most disappointing and most exciting outcome.

Edit: In that weird video there are three times where it stutters/skips, and the words said immediately after the stutters are "decay" "truth" and "info". It turns out that decaytruth.info is a website, which means that this is, in fact, some kind of ARG. If I lived in Berkeley I would probably go check out that address on the site.

This is simultaneously the most disappointing and most exciting outcome.

Edit: In that weird video there are three times where it stutters/skips, and the words said immediately after the stutters are "decay" "truth" and "info". It turns out that decaytruth.info is a website, which means that this is, in fact, some kind of ARG. If I lived in Berkeley I would probably go check out that address on the site.

I thought maybe there'd be something in the page's code, but I didn't see anything. I suppose its up to people in Berkeley to figure out what's going on.

EDIT: From reddit/r/isthisfrogfractions2:

"The address given on the site for The Ashby Brewery + Indie Game Studio is actually the Berkeley Bowl which is a fine grocery store, but almost certainly not FF2."

Yeah, Jim has said in at least one interview that he didn't want the framing game to be something badly-done or throwaway, so he just got a friend to fully develop something that was already in progress and put FF2 inside it.