Tanukitsune

Frog Fractions 2: A Fractional Kickstarter Campaign

Hopefully everything and nothing. I am excited. Sucks that rewards aren't out of the US though. Would have liked a tee.

That's the most amazing KS pitch ever:

* The Jig

In the pledge rewards, you'll note that you get certain things "once The Jig is Up." Since I am not going to announce the release of the game, getting a download code at release would be a spoiler. However, once the story is out there (e.g. once you start to see articles in the enthusiast press about it) then the download codes will go out. If you figure out Frog Fractions 2's secret identity before The Jig is Up, send me an email and I'll give you a code immediately.

I appreciate that they're not calling it Frog Fractions 2 and preserving the feeling of finding that a seemingly innocuous game contains all that insanity. I just hope that the outer layer of what it pretends to be is more convincing than Frog Fractions was.

I appreciate that they're not calling it Frog Fractions 2 and preserving the feeling of finding that a seemingly innocuous game contains all that insanity. I just hope that the outer layer of what it pretends to be is more convincing than Frog Fractions was.

I was talking about this at work today. If they want this to be a true surprise, they need to make it a pure math game with nothing else.

I'm honestly tempted to back it based simply on my enjoyment of his other free games.  I've gotten a kick out of most everything he's made.  Consider this to be paying forward my past free enjoyment.

If you haven't checked out some of his other stuff, I highly recommend it.  I replayed some last night.  Desert Hike EX genuinely makes me chuckle every playthrough.

I gotta give the guy at least $5 for the utter surprise that was Frog Fractions. What a strange game. 

I backed him for $15. After watching the kickstarter video and the whole ARG behind this, I think he deserves my money. 

There is some sort of strange ARG attached. Big summary post over here: http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39801&sid=b11aa12979aa096e3eb06bc782a60ede

Most notably, it appears this amazing Obama-shaving game is involved. Are you a bad enough dude to shave the president?

that is totally nuts. it involves code written in brainfuck.

Guys I found it

BjDuz5CCAAAICkS.jpg

It looks deceptively small, but the box is actually 3km long.

It says you can Play 3 Ways!  I hope one of them is bizarrely complex and challenges a young child's faith that the world is a sane and rational place.

I didn't realize it had 6 days left and they haven't met their goal, I just assumed there were enough people out there to have this thing sky rocket. I'm really hoping for this to happen, I get why it might not, but for the amount of shit that gets money shoveled at it on kickstarter, 60k is nothing for something that might be cool.

I didn't realize it had 6 days left and they haven't met their goal, I just assumed there were enough people out there to have this thing sky rocket.

Yeah, and this kickstarter video has circulated around a lot today and they've only increased by about $2,000.

Good for them for sticking to their guns and being just as weird in this late-game ask as they were throughout the campaign!

Hey, they made their goal! 

This is actually the only Kickstarter that I'm looking forward to forgetting about completely until it's out. That will make the surprise all the sweeter.

If I was a devious money puncher a la Devs who clone new popular games and cash in quick legally then I would barrage steam with games called something like:

Forge Reactions 2

Frog Multiplications Part Deux

ARG Simulator

Not an ARG simulator 2: revenge of the algorithms

Hog Redactions 2