Jake

Idle Thumbs 148: The Octopus in My Mind

Idle Thumbs 148:

515__header.jpg

The Octopus in My Mind

Sean's in the room by himself, uh, talking to himself. But he's not alone. He is in the virtual battlefield of DayZ, where via an on-line connection to the world-wide network known as the Internet, he is able to meet up with fellow e-soldiers and scour the synthesized apocalyptic wasteland for prey. While hundreds watch, rooting from their video terminals at home, he and his band hunt a man from the United Kingdom and kill him. Also Nick Breckon's here!

Things Discussed: The Walking Dead Season Two, Starbound, DayZ, Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, Far Cry 2

I started listening to avoid working on some AI programming I have to do for tomorrow. 

Your discussion of ephemeral moments of inspiration and productivity leads me to believe I probably won't be sleeping tonight. At least I have some cool dudes to keep me company for a while.

Well, time to add Army of Two: Obama's Heroes to the pile of sweet Idle Thumbs game ideas.

Was that mention of blankity-blank dot com at about 35:53 just a missed edit? or a megaton reveal?

It's a hover landing page, INTERESTING.  My guess is the announcement is today and Chris counter-trolled Jake.

Glad to see the Thumbs didn't forget Poland. 

Also hopefully Avaren is correct and the announcement is forthcoming, would love to know more about mystery game.

I really want to post what I'm hoping ***** is a reboot of, but I'll wait until Kotaku posts LEAKED CONCEPT ART AND TITLE later today.

Oh, so I guess we're all being very quiet and respectful about the slip up on ***.com.

Also hopefully Avaren is correct and the announcement is forthcoming, would love to know more about mystery game.

I vaguely remember Sean saying in one of the Day Z streams that there might be some sort of reveal at GDC, which is the week after next. My memory may be completely wrong, though. Also, it's great to have Nick back. Congrats on the Walking Dead episode release, Nick!

The game will prominently feature interchangeable moustaches as one of its core gaming mechanics?

There were some pretty good plugs on this episode, but I couldn't help but notice the huge gap in Three Moves Ahead plugs. If I didn't know any better, I'd probably think the Idle Thumbs crew didn't give a fuck about setting up victory conditions in war game scenario design!

I deleted, redownloaded, and relistened to the whole thing again.  It seems like the file may have been replaced with that portion now censored.  Or I am insane.  One of these is true.

Either way, very interesting.

I deleted, redownloaded, and relistened to the whole thing again.  It seems like the file may have been replaced with that portion now censored.  Or I am insane.  One of these is true.

Either way, very interesting.

It was censored on first listen for me, though granted that took place only a couple hours ago so the file could have been replaced... I guess?? I don't know how iTunes' podcast hosting works. Conspiracy.

So looks like Campo Santo does hold the trademark for the term that was accidentally unbleeped. Cool!

Oh you bunch of teasy teasers

Is it a full throttle sequel? Pikmin reboot?

The bleeped URL sounded like it had a k on the end of it. ****kgame.com

ALAN WAKE :0

I feel guilty for knowing the things that I know. Should I destroy the phone that I used to see if the address was right?

It was censored on first listen for me, though granted that took place only a couple hours ago so the file could have been replaced... I guess?? I don't know how iTunes' podcast hosting works. Conspiracy.

Fun fact: for podcasts, iTunes hosts nothing. They provide a directory for third party rss feeds and that's about it.

I feel guilty for knowing the things that I know. Should I destroy the phone that I used to see if the address was right?

I, too, feel dirty for snooping. Regardless, I'm hella excited for whatever the CS team is up to. Plugs.