Roderick

Batmazement: Knightly Man Bruce

At first I was like "man if they're gonna go all future techy in Batman, I wish they'd just do a Batman Beyond game" but then they showed the trailer and I was like "wow this is fucking rad" and well that's my story.

That's how you do a show.

Gotham looks incredibly expansive and layered, it'll be a joy to fly over and race through. Love the Batmobile's versatility. As with Assassin's Creed, I hope they'll find the right balance between immersion and systemization. Too much of the latter will make you focus too much on min-maxing the game, which kiiiind of happened in the previous ones, though not to detrimental degree. Mainly at the end of City.

Ooh.. this could be good! I'm interested to see how they will deal with the batmobile, i.e. will it be always available or limited to certain segments.

I stopped playing Arkham Origins after the incredibly tedious Bane battle. I hope Rocksteady can make the boss battles interesting again.

I've only been through the Deathstroke fight in Origins, but I thought it was a nifty and cinematic way to have you fight a villain of equal skill. I also enjoyed the bosses in Arkham City, especially the halluncinatory R'as Al Ghoul and Clayface encounters.

Citizen Great of thread titles, excellent remastering Rodi.

I miss "Filthy Batman", said like a child. Fiwffy Ba'man...

Batman: Arkham Knight is the Citizen Bob Kane of video games.

I don't have anything to contribute, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate this joke.

The best part of that video was when the Batmobile was approaching the ascending stairs and was going to drive into the partition-y bit in the middle and I winced ready for a frustrating deadstop and it just ploughed through the fuckers. Now THAT is next-gen ;)

Again, I don't like that he's essentially got a tech deal going with Tony Stark, but the scope of the city and lack of loading is impressive. Do we know if Arkham City will be replicated as it was or are they 'rebooting' the geography? Keeping it the same would give returning players a good handle on orientation.

Gotham City actually has a consistent map already - if they invent their own I'm going to be pretty disappointed. Then again, they did just that for Arkham City, unless Arkham City's inexplicably in Uptown.

Remember when this thread was all about sharing terrible Batmans?  Welcome to the official Final Fantasy interpretation of the Dark Knight.

post-33601-0-18985600-1406217305_thumb.jpg

Ooooo, Bahamutman has a yet to be revealed backstory.  I hope its a glorious as the design.  Also, he was originally designed for a game that was canceled. 

Anyway, I can totally understand people finding Kevin Smith irritating. I do find him funny and charmingly enthusiastic, but he says a LOT of dumb shit and works best next to someone smarter to call him out on stuff (not bigotry, just anthropomorphising animals and not knowing politics, geography, maths etc).

For the first time I've found myself properly annoyed at Kevin Smith, having listened to his unoffical Burton Batman commentary podcasts, where he picks holes, takes everything completely literally and complains that things are different from the comics. i was looking forward to a joyful commentary that picked up on cool stuff that I might have missed, but instead it seems these were pretty much an excuse to Burton-bash after their mini-kerfuffle over a coincidental similarity between the Planet Of The Apes ending and an Apes skit in one of Smith's comics. For a guy who talks regularly about his post-Brave And The Bold epiphany that there's room for many different interpretations of Batman, he sure rags on these two movies a lot for not being Nolan enough.

Last week, WB and Rocksteady announced that Arkham Knight will have a season pass that offers 6 months worth of content and costs $40.  Yesterday, WB responded to the criticism that this was a lot of money without much info and gave out some details on what's actually in the season pass.  Some of the stuff will be:

• Batgirl: A Matter of Family - An all new prequel story expansion in an entirely new location where you play as Batgirl for the very first time in the Arkham series
  • The Season of Infamy - Play as Batman in all new story missions featuring legendary supervillains invading Gotham City, with new story arcs, missions, and gameplay features
  • Gotham City Stories - Play as Batman's key allies in narrative missions extending their storylines, from both before and after the events in Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Legendary Batmobiles with themed tracks - Drive the most iconic Batmobiles from Batman's 75 year history, on custom built race tracks, each themed to that Batmobile's specific era.  Every Batmobile will be drivable across every race track
  • Crimefighter Challenge Maps - Engage in a series of new challenge maps utilizing the unique play styles of Batman and his allies
  • Character skins - A variety of skins from across the eras for Batman, Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman

$40 is still a lot considering half of that is races, skins, and challenge maps.  Although I have to admit, the idea of being able to play as Batgirl does sound pretty cool.

batgirl.jpg

This mostly reminds me that I fucking love playing Batgirl in Injustice. She is crazy good.

So yes, I could be interested in this.

I can say that I'm really happy with the amount of content I got for my money with the Shadow of Mordor season pass. I think WB have shown they're willing to bankroll some pretty serious content after release.

So this is out now. I got a copy when I bought my new graphics card, so I've been playing a bit this morning as a break from working from home. Seems alright. So far it really seems like just another Batman game but with a really out of place tank included.

It sort of performs terribly on my PC though. I have a brand new 970 and a bunch of settings turned down and it still stutters like crazy. It could be my awful, underpowered CPU, or it could just be a messy port. Either way, it's kinda fun. I just finished a Riddler challenge which was like a Trackmania race in the Batmobile, so if there is more of that on the way, I'm on board. 

Holy shit, it's pulling a 70 percent negative reviews on Steam.  Seems like a lot of them are because of framerate and poor performance.