Roderick

Batmazement: Knightly Man Bruce

Batman and Robin is still probably top 3 for me behind Returns and Forever purely because of my love for the Cloon-dog

Let's set the record straight here: Batman & Robin is fantastically entertaining. It's 100% camp, it's all recycled and poorly done, everyone in that film is having a blast and so should you. The only thing that falls flat is all the Poison Ivy/Bane stuff. Uma Thurman just doesn't pull the cheeseball off the way Clooney and Schwarzenegger do, which detracts from an otherwise 10/10 movie.

Mr_Freeze_(Arnold_Schwarzenegger)_2.gif

Let's set the record straight here: Batman & Robin is fantastically entertaining.

That's not how I remember it. Batman Forever is entertainingly camp. Batman & Robin was boring.

When I was a kid and read the Knightfall/quest/end story, I thought the costume was badass.  But then again I was like 10 so what the hell did I know.  That's probably what they were going for and at the time it worked.

My favorite part of the Batman & Robin movie was the bit where Mr. Freeze cries and his tear freezes on his cheek and turns into snow.  Mostly because that was an idea originally conceived by Paul Dini for the classic "Heart of Ice" episode of Batman: The Animated Series.

Let's set the record straight here: Batman & Robin is fantastically entertaining. It's 100% camp, it's all recycled and poorly done, everyone in that film is having a blast and so should you. The only thing that falls flat is all the Poison Ivy/Bane stuff. Uma Thurman just doesn't pull the cheeseball off the way Clooney and Schwarzenegger do, which detracts from an otherwise 10/10 movie.

Mr_Freeze_(Arnold_Schwarzenegger)_2.gif

My favorite part of the Batman & Robin movie was the bit where Mr. Freeze cries and his tear freezes on his cheek and turns into snow.  Mostly because that was an idea originally conceived by Paul Dini for the classic "Heart of Ice" episode of Batman: The Animated Series.

Honestly, watching a friend play Batman: Arkham City, I'm really disappointed in every aspect of the Freeze character there. His delivery is flat, his design is overdone but not in a visually interesting way, and his pathos is really surface-level. It improved every single one of his lines just to read them in a deep-voiced Austrian accent, so yeah, I'm going to stick up for the Schwarzenegger Freeze, if not the Clooney Batman.

Honestly, watching a friend play Batman: Arkham City, I'm really disappointed in every aspect of the Freeze character there. His delivery is flat, his design is overdone but not in a visually interesting way, and his pathos is really surface-level. It improved every single one of his lines just to read them in a deep-voiced Austrian accent, so yeah, I'm going to stick up for the Schwarzenegger Freeze, if not the Clooney Batman.

I'm with you there.  I didn't really care much for Freeze in the game except during the boss fight itself.  I thought the actual fight was interesting and fun (albeit in a super gamey way) because it forced you to use different tactics and gadgets instead of being an arena style fight or a standard stealth sequence like the rest of the game.

Well there's certainly such a thing as the "wrong" batsuit:

detective-comics-667.jpg

Why are his hands so fucking tiny? Why are his awful muscles bulging out of the right lower side of his shoulder armor? It looks like his lowest rib is bent out. Also every square or rectangle on the guy is somewhat lopsided. Yet another super hero comic book artist who completely fails at understanding form/

That's incredible. That is now a required batsuit for all new Batmangs. Thank you.

Why are his hands so fucking tiny? Why are his awful muscles bulging out of the right lower side of his shoulder armor? It looks like his lowest rib is bent out. Also every square or rectangle on the guy is somewhat lopsided. Yet another super hero comic book artist who completely fails at understanding form/

If it makes you feel better I'm pretty sure no one likes Kelly Jones.

I like that his chest gives the impression that he used bubble wrap as a protective device.  Also worth noting is that the armor includes metal claws, a laser, razor-sharp Batarangs, and a flame-thrower.

Everything Kelly Jones ever did on batman was super over the top and exaggerated.  Definitely not my cup of tea.

18lp8rj0hl2pzjpg.jpg

It's like Liefeld trying to do Mignola. It almost looks cool until you notice that it doesn't make any sense. Is this Clayface mid-shift?

Everything Kelly Jones ever did on batman was super over the top and exaggerated.  Definitely not my cup of tea.

18lp8rj0hl2pzjpg.jpg

Is that his knee? Or his shoulder? Or a cancerous growth? It almost looks like a face. Is it the face of Mars? What's happening in this picture.

It looks like the only movements it can do are rolling around on the floor and twitching.

Batamari Damacy.

I had to do an image search to understand what that suit was supposed to be. Looks tiny bit less insane here:

batman-500-b-cover-kelley-jones.jpg

I had to do an image search to understand what that suit was supposed to be. Looks tiny bit less insane here:

That is definitely not any better. His torso is front-on while his limbs and head are at three-quarters. It's still painful to look at.

That is definitely not any better. His torso is front-on while his limbs and head are at three-quarters. It's still painful to look at.

At least batman seems to be in euclidean space in that one.

Checkout dat dick bulge

I had to do an image search to understand what that suit was supposed to be.

It's supposed to be Batman mixed with this since it's this guy taking over for Bruce Wayne.

Azrael_Jean-Paul_Valley_0018.jpg

II think they're both just goofy