melmer

Dark Souls 2 (Dark Souls successor (Demon's Souls successor))

Oh glob, was there always a bonfire in one of the ruined buildings in the Shrine of Amana, or is that new for the Scholar of the First Sin? I just went back there to farm some Twinkling Titanite and happened upon it, last time I went through the area, and last time I played the game, I went straight from the first bonfire to the one before the boss.

And since this is apparently the run in which I do everything I've never done before, I'm also doing the abyss covenant stuff, and invading people a little bit. Curiously, I've actually won most duels so far, and without any tricks. Well, except having a really annoying build to fight against.

Is it possible to tip over into NG+ summoning without actually going into NG+? The orange frames on the travel menu that indicate players of my level being in the area have been slowly disappearing from all but the DLC areas, but now they're starting to show up again in The Lost Bastille and Iron Keep.

Oh glob, was there always a bonfire in one of the ruined buildings in the Shrine of Amana, or is that new for the Scholar of the First Sin? I just went back there to farm some Twinkling Titanite and happened upon it, last time I went through the area, and last time I played the game, I went straight from the first bonfire to the one before the boss.

And since this is apparently the run in which I do everything I've never done before, I'm also doing the abyss covenant stuff, and invading people a little bit. Curiously, I've actually won most duels so far, and without any tricks. Well, except having a really annoying build to fight against.

Is it possible to tip over into NG+ summoning without actually going into NG+? The orange frames on the travel menu that indicate players of my level being in the area have been slowly disappearing from all but the DLC areas, but now they're starting to show up again in The Lost Bastille and Iron Keep.

Shrine of Amana - Yep, always been there :)

As for summoning - There are no barriers between the cycles anymore, you can summon and be summoned from any cycle as long as the level requirements are met

The optional boss in the Ivory King DLC is now pretty much the only thing left to do for me. I got some help from another player on some of my recent attempts and consequently 1) it feels like the demon horses are slowly starting to despawn, in the early part of that approach at least and 2) I got about 200k souls lying in that arena.

The best I've done, with that other player, was killing one of the two bosses, but I was eventually on my own with the other one and then things went downhill. With just NPC summons I haven't killed either of them in any attempt so far. Not sure this is something I'll really pull off.

I think that's the best boss in the game (haven't played the DLC though). It's true you have to run around a lot, but I think the moveset is well designed because the tells are clear, you can avoid all the attacks reliably and there's more to it than just dodging sword swings.

Eh, I didn't feel like dodging was the problem. Everything gave you days to avoid it, my problem was seeing the other boss. It was really hard to keep track of, then suddenly fireballs are hitting your ass.

I beat it in the end. It was pretty funny, I kept getting invaded by the same dude on my way. He came in 4 times in that tiny ass area. Each time I murdered him. I thought I'd have to go through that PvP gauntlet again, but I managed to kill the boss. I think the Old Iron King bosses are the best. Some great stuff there.

I also platinumed (got all the achievements) which was pretty fun. I really think DS2 got a bad rap. It's a solid, great game.

I love DS2 the most but that's because I fell in love with the mechanics first rather than the unified environmental design, etc.

Lately I've been playing DS1 for what really feels like the first time (progression wise it certainly is). Anyway I've come back to DS2 and I've shelved my Super Op caster, and my dual Caestus build. Now I think I'm going to go into Dex with poison daggers. I'm just playing with the swordsman's starting weapons until I can find at least a Bandit Dagger. But it should all go well even though this build is mostly fumbling about in the dark heh.

I'm tearing the DLC a new one. The Sunken King was great, loved the visual design of that place; it seems so otherworldly and mysterious. I did get lost sometimes, but not for very long. I think From phoned it in a bit with the trio boss, and the dragon was just a bloody nuisance to fight, no fun for my build.

I'm now almost done with the Iron King dlc, and again I've really enjoyed hunting out the Nadalia totems. Feel like From did a great job of clueing the player in to destroying the totems before engaging any surrouding enemies. Firstly, the enemies are ash covered, secondly the totems are whispering at you, and thirly they're usually inflicting bleed or curse just by their presence. Good bosses here too, but I might be a bit overpowered at this point because the *ahem* knight only took me two tries. Hoping for more from Sir *ahemahem*

Edit: Five tries, but it was a close one. He could kill me in two hits  :(

I'm tearing the DLC a new one. The Sunken King was great, loved the visual design of that place; it seems so otherworldly and mysterious. I did get lost sometimes, but not for very long. I think From phoned it in a bit with the trio boss, and the dragon was just a bloody nuisance to fight, no fun for my build.

I'm now almost done with the Iron King dlc, and again I've really enjoyed hunting out the Nadalia totems. Feel like From did a great job of clueing the player in to destroying the totems before engaging any surrouding enemies. Firstly, the enemies are ash covered, secondly the totems are whispering at you, and thirly they're usually inflicting bleed or curse just by their presence. Good bosses here too, but I might be a bit overpowered at this point because the *ahem* knight only took me two tries. Hoping for more from Sir *ahemahem*

Edit: Five tries, but it was a close one. He could kill me in two hits  :(

About that fight with Sir ahememem, there's a secret to it if you can perfect it, but you have to beat him without taking a single hit yourself and within a certain time limit.  It's an extra cutscene and some unique armor. 

No, what I described is all there is to getting the secret (beat him without taking damage within a certain amount of time), it just takes a fair amount of practice.

I loved that fight. I found it so hard, that I ended up respeccing from strength to Dex and ditching my shield. One of those fights that never feels unfair, and each time I died I knew exactly what I did wrong and I would be excited to get back and attack him again.

I didn't try, but I wonder if you can parry him.