melmer

Dark Souls 2 (Dark Souls successor (Demon's Souls successor))

Oh! I see it now! That's pretty funny. Lesson learned though, roll as soon as you spawn...or something.

The amount of invaders in NG+2 is ludicrous....

Most are blue phantoms, and I only ever got tokens of spite from putting down my sign for dueling : (   : (   : (   : (

woe is me

There's no difference between NG+ and NG++, once you leave NG, then what cycle you are on no longer matters for matching up with other people.  More than likely what has happened is that you got in range of the 15 Million SM tier, the last tier and the largest tier once you're on NG+. 

I don't think you get sin for using the red sign, so it must have been for something else. You can see your sin status on your player status screen.  Your sin counts down one for each Blue who kills you, so you can make Blue invasions stop.  Spend all your souls, leave DS2 running one evening and put yourself in a popular invasion spot.  Just let the Blues kill you to their heart's content as you go do something else.

Guys, I've got the death valley blues in NG+, on the approach to Undead Purgatory. Five phantoms, and then one uber phantom with a greatsword whom I cannot stagger, who seems to have infinite stamina, and whose attacks have ridiculous tracking. *cries infinite tears* 

I poison arrow the greatsword guy these days. No regrets, that guy is an asshole.

Feel free to ping me if you want a friendly phantom and I'm online obv :)

You can dodge his attack and make it through the fog before he can get you.

That's if you're one of the exalted Zen masters of Dark Souls that is capable of not killing every single enemy whenever they meet them though (I am not one of them. kill all things).

That's if you're one of the exalted Zen masters of Dark Souls that is capable of not killing every single enemy whenever they meet them though (I am not one of them. kill all things).

Even when I've been hurrying a theme build, I cannot stop myself from killing every enemy and picking up every shiny.  The only time I had some self control was in my no death/no bonfire runs.

Hey guys, I'm trying out a new Dark Souls series where I choose a specific archetype or inspiration and try to build a viable and interesting character. In this episode I try to recreate Thor, god of thunder, as a hammer-wielding cleric.

My Dark Souls skills are still growing but I've always enjoyed trying to bring my own low-level role-playing to action RPGs like this and Skyrim.

Hey guys, I'm trying out a new Dark Souls series where I choose a specific archetype or inspiration and try to build a viable and interesting character. In this episode I try to recreate Thor, god of thunder, as a hammer-wielding cleric.

My Dark Souls skills are still growing but I've always enjoyed trying to bring my own low-level role-playing to action RPGs like this and Skyrim.

Hmmm...how about trying to build out a stealth based character. I think the Ninja from Mark of the Ninja is an obvious aesthetic inspiration to strive for. 

Very interesting. I'll have a think and a look around at the different gear. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hmmm...how about trying to build out a stealth based character. I think the Ninja from Mark of the Ninja is an obvious aesthetic inspiration to strive for. 

That would be incredibly cool!

So I picked this up last night on the sale and this morning I designed my character. I went for a Knight that looks like he's from the British aristocracy in the 19th century. The character design is really good!

But! What's with all the stat changes?! I had a plan, now it's much less concrete because the stats are completely different. 

Endurance has been split into two stats, one for stamina and one for encumbrance (Vitality). I've just been levelling my Vigor and Endurance to 20 and then concentrating on my major stats. If you're a Knight you'll probably want Strength and Vitality (up to a point, depending on your armour).

Guys, I've got the death valley blues in NG+, on the approach to Undead Purgatory. Five phantoms, and then one uber phantom with a greatsword whom I cannot stagger, who seems to have infinite stamina, and whose attacks have ridiculous tracking. *cries infinite tears* 

That bit was a nightmare, they also made it easier to aggro all of them simultaneously than it was on NG.

My initial plan was to pump my endurance constantly and get enough strength to use whatever cool big weapon I could find, then start worrying about HP after.

So it looks like I need to put points into endurance, but I'll also need to put the occasional point into vitality unless I can find a Havel's Ring equivalent fairly early on. 

Edit: However I should probably point out that I'm aiming to PvP too with this build so I'm not even sure if that's a good plan.

You can get the Royal Soldier's Ring fairly early on (that's the Havel's Ring equivalent) and making your way to the area where you can find the ring will likely yield you a decent big weapon as well.

There are equip load rings, but they aren't as powerful as Havel's (even the best ones you find later). Since you fastroll under 70% equip load though it's not a huge issue. At lower equip loads you have more stamina regen, but it turns out that stamina rings are generally better than equip load rings for giving you more regen.

Wow, it's a hot fucking mess on the PC.

Issue 1) It won't play on my TV. Just boots to black. It works on the monitor though, but that's not really how I want to play a game.

2) If you accidently unplug a controller at any point, you can't plug it back in and the controller work again.

3) The controller inputs are completely fucked up.

Has anyone else experienced these things? Kinda frustrating!

I haven't had any issues playing it on PC with a 360 controller. The only input difference I could see was the jump remapped to L3 but I soon got used to that and now prefer it. What's happening with your inputs?

Wow, it's a hot fucking mess on the PC.

Issue 1) It won't play on my TV. Just boots to black. It works on the monitor though, but that's not really how I want to play a game.

2) If you accidently unplug a controller at any point, you can't plug it back in and the controller work again.

3) The controller inputs are completely fucked up.

Has anyone else experienced these things? Kinda frustrating!

I had the first issue right when it released, but their first patch solved it for me and I haven't had another problem like that since. 

What controller are you using?

I'm using a dual shock 4 with an xinput wrapper that makes it appear to be an xbox 360 controller.

I might have to update drivers or something like that. A lot of people on forums suggest unplugging it then plugging it back in, but that doesn't work at all for me.

I might check if maybe I didn't download a patch or something that could fix my tv issue.

The input I noticed the most is that the 4 buttons seem to be rotated clockwise. So x is now a and a became b. Also start doesn't work.

I poison arrow the greatsword guy these days. No regrets, that guy is an asshole.

Feel free to ping me if you want a friendly phantom and I'm online obv :)

I will! Been working round the clock recently so no time for any games, but I'll hopefully be on in the next couple of days. Any of yous got vent or skype or what have you? Got a tasty new headset with a mic and want to try it out. Might sing you all a song if I'm feeling particularly malicious

You can dodge his attack and make it through the fog before he can get you.

After the patience-stretching slog of trying to kill them all, I did try this for a few times, but often got caught at the narrow end of the valley near the bridge, and, after having been slain several times in that manner, I couldn't not kill them. 

See above!

That bit was a nightmare, they also made it easier to aggro all of them simultaneously than it was on NG.

Why do they hate us so?  -_-

I'm past this part now though. Embarrassingly, I had to keep killing them until they stopped respawning. The only other time that's happened was in the Lost Bastille on NG, getting repeatedly ruined by the sentinels.

Edit: However I should probably point out that I'm aiming to PvP too with this build so I'm not even sure if that's a good plan.

You're probably going to want some adaptability too then to get more invincibility frames in your roll animation.

FUCK THAT PLACE