melmer

Dark Souls 2 (Dark Souls successor (Demon's Souls successor))

So, From Software completely reneged on their claim that Dark Souls II was perfect and didn't need DLC, and they weren't making any. I don't care either way, just pointing out that they basically lied to our faces.

So, From Software completely reneged on their claim that Dark Souls II was perfect and didn't need DLC, and they weren't making any. I don't care either way, just pointing out that they basically lied to our faces.

Gah, please don't. Reddit and Steam are FULL of posts like this.  The director said they weren't considering DLC in a single interview, and then literally just a few weeks later, clarified that they weren't designing the game to be eventually fleshed out with DLC to "finish" it, but would consider expansions if DS2 did well enough and it was worth adding content. 

Gah, please don't. Reddit and Steam are FULL of posts like this.  The director said they weren't considering DLC in a single interview, and then literally just a few weeks later, clarified that they weren't designing the game to be eventually fleshed out with DLC to "finish" it, but would consider expansions if DS2 did well enough and it was worth adding content. 

Yeah I'd always read that as if they were saying they wouldn't be doing it like Asura's Wrath or other japanese games that have an ending in the game and an epilogue that makes the ending satisfying come out 3-4 months later for $8.

If you'd told me two months ago I wouldn't buy Dark Souls 2 DLC the second it came out I would've called you crazy, but I think I'll wait a bit. If it keeps the same quality as the base game I don't want to pay €25 for it, but if it's as good as AotA I don't mind. I don't need more 'okay' areas and bosses, I want to be truly impressed and drawn in again.

The Artorias DLC for Dark Souls was a pretty phenomenal piece of add-on content, so i'm going to give From all the benefits of the doubt on this.

I also definitely don't think Dark Souls 2 feels like a game that is missing something, this absolutely does not reek of an Asura's Wrath-like move.

Yeah that ran me almost dry on effigies too. Eventually got the job done. You can farm from the lizard men in shrine of amana. Also if you talk to one of the old ladies after a certain point in the game (forget what) she will give you 6.

Best place to get them is the first bonfire in FoFG. Use an ascetic and run back to the chest behind the waterfall, it'll give you 5x. There are 20+ ascetics you can buy, that's 100+ effigies right there.

I was down to my last three effigies on Darklurker, but beat him with a lightning halberd, so thanks for the tips guys. I did a couple of hours of mopping up, and am just pondering which weapons to infuse and take with me to NG+. 

Am I correct in saying that scaling is reduced on an infused weapon, and that a percentage of physical damage is shaved off, to be put into the elemental damage type? I'm thinking, if that's the case, I want to use a weapon with not-great scaling anyway, and also perhaps a weapon which already deals additional elemental damage, but which isn't specifically pre-modified (so, like the Heide sword with lightning damage, as opposed to the fire longsword).

Ugh, does that make any sense to anyone? I'm not sure it even makes sense to me.

You pretty much got it right.  Though the better scaling a weapon has, the better elemental scaling it gets when you infuse it.  You should also be intending on regularly using a buff spell on it.  Very few weapons are more powerful infused than they are left with normal scaling, unless you buff them.  All the buff spells add flat damage plus a percentage of the elemental damage currently on the weapon. 

Also, Dex weapons tend to make better candidates for infusing than Str weapons, since Str gets a ton more damage scaling than Dex.

IT IS DONE, I HAVE COMPLETED DARK SOULS 2.

Not bad! Definitely not as good as DS1 in my opinion, but overall an enjoyable experience! I'd say the multiplayer is the true star of DS2. So many hours of my time were spent on PvP and co-op cuz it was a much more smoother and much more engaging experience than DS1's take on multiplayer. Time for NG+, I guess! 

I also did it think I am skipping the Darklurker though. Meh last fight but I liked the final cutscene!

Skeleton!

Don't give up!

What should Dark Souls players expect when starting Dark Souls II?

I've been playing a lot of DSII lately and I've put my thoughts into a new video.

After playing DS2 for over 80 hours, I get physically uncomfortable with how you flub the timing when dodging those big knights at the start of the video, heybeardo :)

I completely disagree with your assessment that the loss of physical immersion by bonfire teleportation is offset by 'the convenience' of it: in my opinion it's a poor trade-off, but then the quality of truly getting lost in a world is the thing I prize more than anything else in gaming.

After playing DS2 for over 80 hours, I get physically uncomfortable with how you completely flub the timing when dodging those big knights at the start of the video, heybeardo :)

I know, I feel the same way after watching back my early footage. Those knights are a piece of cake for me now.