melmer

Dark Souls 2 (Dark Souls successor (Demon's Souls successor))

I wonder when the review embargo is up.  I just saw that the Titanfall reviews are beginning to come out.  Surely the DkS2 reviews aren't far behind.

Midnight eastern time I think.

I'm taking the Titanfall reviews with a major grain of salt.  I'm not saying it isn't a fun and great game, but all the reviews seem to have been written based on the beta + a single review event hosted by EA one afternoon.  That seems like a pretty limited amount of experience to review a game from.  I'd have been more impressed if a few outlets would have refused to score it until it had been out for a few days or a week. 

Midnight eastern time I think.

So review embargo matches release date?

I'm taking the Titanfall reviews with a major grain of salt.  I'm not saying it isn't a fun and great game, but all the reviews seem to have been written based on the beta + a single review event hosted by EA one afternoon.  That seems like a pretty limited amount of experience to review a game from.  I'd have been more impressed if a few outlets would have refused to score it until it had been out for a few days or a week. 

So review embargo matches release date?

Giant bomb has a not-quite-review of Titanfall, without a score, because they are waiting on live servers to try it, which I think is a good way to handle that. They also have a DkS2 Quick Look going up at 9PM (PST) tonight, so that's probably when the embargo is up.  I don't think I'm going to watch it until I have a chance to play the game myself, which is looking like it is going to be Wednesday.

Literally nothing. Stop implying that something might say "Dark Souls" more than Jethro Tull. 

Locomotive Breath is a great song. Did you know that Ian Anderson came up with the idea for the song, but couldn't get it across how it wanted to the rest of the band, so they recorded it as separate tracks and arranged it after? That wasn't common then. Also made it weird to play it live, but they figured out how.

I had a jethro tull collection or something that had a long Ian Anderson interview. All I remember is that and that they were recording in the same place as zeppelin.

I've been listening to Jethro Tull for an hour straight at work because of that trailer.   Pretty sure you could cut a pretty good music video out of Dark Souls clips for every song off Aqualung.

Jethro Tull is the Dark Souls of classic rock.

The first reviews are dropping!  Just skimmed two of them to avoid spoilers, but both sound very, very, very positive. 

I just realized I can buy Dark Souls 2 on PSN RIGHT F'ing NOW. I should really wait for the PC version next month.

All these reviews and impressions got me jonesing real bad man, real bad...

Dammit, I might go out and buy a physical copy later, and sell it after PC drops.

Yerp, just pre-ordered PSN version (broken disk-drive means download only for me). Us greasy Europeans have to wait until FRIDAY for the pleasure of death. Or, more accurately, I'll be waiting until October for the bastard thing to download. Anyone know if the PS4 takes so long to download stuff?

Woot!  Got the Black Armor edition even though I didn't pre-order.  Ran into Hastings over my lunch break to pick it up, and they had 2 extra copies of the BA edition just sitting there on the shelf!

Now I guess I'll listen to the soundtrack to prep myself as I slog through a few more hours work before I can play.

post-33601-0-07666000-1394561156_thumb.jpg

1. Cancel Amazon preorder

2. Buy on psn

Bingo bango dark souls 2

My money's on the Amazon copy arriving before the download is complete.

Just picked up my copy. I watched a few reviews (Polygon, Rev3) and so far the reception seems positive, but I still have this deep seeded fear that it will hurt me...

Oh, it will.

Edit: Videos I've seen before make it look kinda mirky. It's hard to tell if it's just the Dark Souls art style or if it's being limited due to console performance.

I'm more hyped for this game than any I can remember, and there's 44 days left. I need an anti-hype injection to make the time pass quicker.

My money's on the Amazon copy arriving before the download is complete.

yup. I figure I can wait an extra day in any case (my amazon copy is coming tomorrow)

Damn you!

3 more days and I get to play, there are tons of people getting psyched for it at work too which makes me very happy.

If you makes you feel any better, there's a 125MB day one patch that I'm waiting on to download, and I have horribly slow internet, plus it's the PS3, so that like cuts the speed in a third.

Edited to add: Oh, there's also a mandatory hard drive install.  So when y'all are ready to play, make sure you can go brew a cup of tea or something while you're waiting.

If you makes you feel any better, there's a 125MB day one patch that I'm waiting on to download, and I have horribly slow internet, plus it's the PS3, so that like cuts the speed in a third.

Edited to add: Oh, there's also a mandatory hard drive install.  So when y'all are ready to play, make sure you can go brew a cup of tea or something while you're waiting.

That doesn't really make me happier, believe it or not. I'll make sure my PS3's system software is update to date first, at least. Mandatory install isn't a problem, I'd install it anyway because I am not a barbarian.