melmer

Dark Souls 2 (Dark Souls successor (Demon's Souls successor))

Dark Souls and Titanfal occupy two very different but equally important parts of my gaming life. The solitary, stay inside all day and vegitate side versus the play with my friends online and kick ass side. Unfortunately, my friends loose intrest pretty quickly, so I pretty much have to be there playing multiplayer day one to get the best out of it, while Dark Souls can slide a bit.  

I'd love to be there during the discovery process but I'm not sure if I'd really be able to contribute all that much. Plus, it would be really difficult to decide what stuff I want to discover on my own and what stuff I want to discover with the rest of the community.

Really, the biggest thing is that I don't want to take the crazy framerate hits like you would get on the 360. I don't care to count pixels, but bad framerates can get you killed.

Okay, there's a pretty decent chance I'm going to buy a PS4 controller and play Dark Souls 2 on PS3. So if anyone does that and could let me know if everything works fine, let me know!

I also might just wait and play on the (hopefully) great looking PC version. Why can't this stuff be day and date!

I have to keep telling myself that I'll be playing Titanfall anyway and I can wait patiently for the PC version regardless of when it comes out. I'm still very tempted to run around town and try to find a copy on Tuesday.

I am going through this now. I traded in my 360 so I would have to get it on PS3 and I totally hate the PS3 controller. Having to wait nearly two months seems a bit crappy. 

PC release date of Apr. 25th is now official.  It's reported that it will have improved textures and framerate options, plus a pre-order option for digital versions of the Black Armor set. 

Edited to add: The Steam store page is now live for it as well!

How will early access weapons work exactly? Having some OP weapon from the start of the game seems a bit... redundant? stupid? I fear lots of dickwraiths (Or whatever the equivelant is in DaS2). 

And if they have high equip stats, why even bother giving it to us early if we can't equip it? I'd prefer to just be able to get it naturally in the world. Not sure if I like that incentive.

On the other hand, the Steam page also quite eloquently states what people loved about the first game:

The unique old-school action RPG experience captivated imaginations of gamers worldwide with incredible challenge and intense emotional reward. 

It will probably be something like the Dragon Tail sword in Dark Souls 1. Good at first but bad scaling makes it worthless toward the middle of the game.

Hmm, I wonder if there will be a boxed PC copy. The art book seems like a cool coffee table book.

Edit: But then again, I should just get that huge $30 art book.

I don't want the pre-order weapons if there isn't an option to disable them. Might just buy the game on release date instead.

There are boxed PC copies in the EU. I have had my Super CE edition on pre-order on shopto.net for months.

I'd hazard a guess that the art book would be the same size as the game box, as the previous one was.

You can however get Dark Souls: Design works on amazon, which is a cool coffee table book. And lovely and hard back too: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dark-Souls-Design-Works-Software/dp/1926778898/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1394125713&sr=1-1&keywords=dark+souls+design+works

I don't want the pre-order weapons if there isn't an option to disable them. Might just buy the game on release date instead.

Nothing's stopping you from discarding them. I probably will.

Somewhere I've read that the pre-order weapons will not be game breaking, that they will all be able to be acquired in the game (and some of them relatively early). 

Assuming I play this first on the PS3, then pre-order on Steam, I'll probably go ahead and use them as I'll have already gone through all or at least a big chunk of the game.

Thinking I might jump onboard with 2. I completely missed the first one as it sounded too much like self-flagellation, but this feels exciting and I can't remember the last game I bought at launch. Skyward Sword maybe? Question: My PC would run this, though it's getting on a bit. I've also got a PS3, though the disc drive is broken. So my choices are:

1. Wait 6 weeks for the PC version with 360 pad.

2. Spend a weekend downloading the PSN version and play it on the telly with a Dual Shock 3.

A common problem, but opinions? Buying both versions at full-whack really isn't an option.

Unless they give you the option to remap controls, there's no way in hell I'm playing on 360.  I hate hate hate the bumpers on the 360 controller.

The 360 version comes out a little later, i think its March 28th in the UK

I've put it on my rental list, but it will mean I'll have to buy a months worth of Gold to play it properly :fart:

luckily there's enough over stuff going on like dark souls 2 and infamous that the sting wont be to bad if i decided to just miss it... oh and the metal gear solid 5 demo thing

I still need to play through lord of shadows 2 and thi4f :owned:

i thought i was in the titanfall thread

I've always played souls on the playstation, since my import copy of demons souls

I played DaS1 on the 360, and I have to say I prefer the 360 controller. But as my PS3 is newer and therefore shinier I'll be playing it on that.

So alone.

But then that is what Dark Souls II is all about.

Just read an article that confirmed that Dark Souls 2 review copies are in reviewers hands (which makes sense, it's damn near release).  That means there are people out there dying right now, in Dark Souls 2.  Lucky bastards.

Today is the last Friday that will ever exist without Dark Souls 2 available to all.

Umbasa.

Interesting, Amazon hasn't updated to show the new PC release date or any SKUs for the PC version at all besides download code.

Edit: At least the Dark Souls 2 website has some updated info, but is only showing the download version as well. I guess there won't be a PC box. Not surprising I guess.

I hope the preorder weapons are bad. I mean, I think i'm going to get them, but this game is a strange game to pull that kinda stuff in, because of how it is balanced and how items work in the game (assuming that it is like DeS or DkS1). My guess is they are probably ok starter weapons

e: according to a dude on irc, they are weapons that already exist in-game, but the pre-order bonus lets you start with them. I don't know how i feel about that either.

Edited by coaxmetal

Just came on here to gripe about the pre-order weapons (I had assumed they would be exclusive) but if I can get them in-game then that's fine. If people want to use them and make the early game easier for themselves, then okay. It's not something I'd do, but whatever. I just hope they're not so powerful that invading phantoms will abuse them.

Next Tuesday, Dark Souls 2! I'M PUMPED! But yet also getting ready to get horribly depressed and angry.

I wonder when the review embargo is up.  I just saw that the Titanfall reviews are beginning to come out.  Surely the DkS2 reviews aren't far behind.

Guh titanfall's gotten pretty big scores. Which one is more popular though? Titanfall or DaS2? I'd be interested to know which one is selling better.

I'd really like to see Dark souls 2 'beat' titanfall. Just coz.