tegan

Screenshots. Shots of your screen.

Not exactly a screenshot because I don't have internet on my Wii U at the moment but: 

udAvHn5.jpg

I played State of Decay recently (excellent game) and the backpacks seem to be random, you put on a small or large one and it seems to just randomly select a model. So one of my dudes had this snazzy number:

gMRGL5B.jpg

Good for you guy, don't conform to gender stereotypes.

How does Kojima still look like so young? He's in his fifties now.

GTA V on PC is simply gorgeous! Here's a test shot I did, somewhat mangle by having to get a screenie from a clip I uploaded to youtube, then posted on facebook (I couldn't see a way of viewing the video without some hud in game )

10712540_10153886706944152_7198583216773

Anomalies in STALKER: Call of Pripyat.

post-8476-0-69115700-1430201383_thumb.png

post-8476-0-68987900-1430201388_thumb.png

post-8476-0-62650200-1430201393_thumb.png

post-8476-0-01013400-1430201398_thumb.png

post-8476-0-69864900-1430201403_thumb.png

post-8476-0-27837100-1430201407_thumb.png

post-8476-0-92711100-1430201411_thumb.png

Elite Dangerous LOOKS really cool, but I've heard some not so great things about the general completeness of the actual gameplay, so I'm a little hesitant.

On the other hand, it looks like Star Citizen except actually playable, so.

Elite Dangerous LOOKS really cool, but I've heard some not so great things about the general completeness of the actual gameplay, so I'm a little hesitant.

They're consistently adding more. In fact, a very massive update was detailed to owners earlier this week, which includes the ability to align yourself with certain factions to help increase the territorial/zone control aspects of the game.

I guess it depends on what you crave, but I mostly wanted a beautiful, well-designed simulator wherein I flew spaceships and blew shit up, and I got that. But if you have trouble with games that don't present a clearly defined goal, then Elite ain't for you.

On the other hand, it looks like Star Citizen except actually playable, so.

It really depends on what you're after. The Ars Technica review summed it up nicely, albeit before the recent major announcement (I'm paraphrasing here): "To find Elite Dangerous a good game, you have to appreciate it for what it is, the best being in a spaceship simulator ever made... ...however, if you don't enjoy the journey then it is a monotonous grind with no direction."

I absolutely love ED, and have playd more of it than any other game this year, even though I was alpha testing since December 2013! But then, to quote Yahtzee's ED review, I'm a bit weird :P!

The new Powerplay update, with civilized space divided up and fought over by various powers,looks like it will add a new dimension to gameplay for everyone. However, people focused on PvP might be better off in the more confined and player-driven world of Star Citizen; ED contains a 1:1 scale model of the Milky Way galaxy, which is truly awesome, but means that player encounters are generally very rare; SC will feature a small number of systems that are heavily scaled down, so player encounters are much more likely.

It's not complete, but was designed in such a way that it is continually added to. Having said that, I think the upcoming release will take it to the state where it should have been on release... it wasn't really ready when it came out in December.

"To find Elite Dangerous a good game, you have to appreciate it for what it is, the best being in a spaceship simulator ever made... ...however, if you don't enjoy the journey then it is a monotonous grind with no direction."

That is a perfectly valid game design, though in that light I wonder if the name is a little poorly chosen.

That is a perfectly valid game design, though in that light I wonder if the name is a little poorly chosen.

Oh it gets dangerous alright :P! You can have warzones with maybe 40 ships, and perhaps 9 ships in a wing all trying to get you!

1932600_10152657809219152_1450695015_o.j

Or you can decide to take on a 2 km long capital ship all by yourself

10903911_10153755504609152_1479497497304

It's actually a lore thing (and not particularly great in my opinion):

The Elite Federation of Pilots (or Federation of Elite Pilots) are the best of the best, and highly sought after throughout the galaxy, so they started accepting pilots with Dangerous ranking who would probably go on to be elite into the group; they would get the designation Elite: Dangerous, then Elite: Deadly, then Elite. I'm not even sure if it's even implemented at this stage :P

If it all gets too hectic, you can go off and explore the galaxy... 

11070767_10153827768859152_7165379580163

11082372_10153839924339152_8203390935072

... just make sure you don't havea life support failure 4000 light years from civilization!

Something that I find stupidly majestic is the fact that every star you see is a real system that you can get to, like Nintendo's "See that mountain?" on steroids