tegan

Screenshots. Shots of your screen.

You really...

B)

...F'd that guy up.

Funnily enough, you're chasing Virtua Spacey on foot in the lead-up up to that whole sequence and the game has you slide under a closing door--something you've never done until that very moment. Unfortunately for me, the on-screen prompt was Press UNBOUND to do a slide, so I had to plug my controller in to finish the sequence.

I killed off his guards with arrows and got him down to almost no health. He requires interaction to kill, but as I was running up to him I hit the exection button. Off came his head, however he just kept saying "Our legions will crush you!" I had to force quit the game. You can see where his head rolled.

2014-11-22_00001_zpse782c28d.jpg

Mmm I can really go for a shower now (I just started this game today) EDIT: It's Tomb Raider, can't believe I didn't say that before...

rJG5x2V.jpg

(this is on "normal" settings with textures set to high for those who care)

I'm still playing FFXIV, for some reason! Here are some lovely vistas, of which there are many in this game.

FfzBRtW.jpg

nl3wsCd.jpg

i7F9AFv.jpg

sVAPaAL.jpg

Is that an in-game screenshot tool? Does it actually add that copyright shit in the corner? Nuts.

Also I'd really appreciate it if people posting screenshots in here would always name the game the screenshots are from. I know what most of them are because I've played them or absorbed enough media to recognize, but when I can't it's annoying. ): The screenshots are cool though!

I will agree that Alien: Isolation looks great, but apparently game devs still think that eyes work like cameras:

post-8476-0-80546500-1417532594_thumb.jpg

I don't think that's the case. I'm pretty sure Creative Assembly is just trying to emulate the look of Ridley Scott's movie. If you look at my screenshots, there's a lot of grain and chromatic aberration.

It's not trying to look real, it's trying to look authentic. Does that make sense?

I was referring more to the lens flare than anything. I can understand emulating specific effects to (re)create a cinematic style, but using a first-person point of view makes some of those things stand out to me. Had it been a third-person view, it wouldn't matter, because I can imagine that it actually is a camera following someone around. Tell me that someone's eyes are actually like that, and I'll tell you to fuck off. 

Again, the whole point is to emulate a 35-year-old movie, not reality. I'll take lens flares over hyper-realistic HDR effects any day.

There are times when she wears a space suit, but this is not one of them. Being in a suit gives you the requisite "inside a helmet" view, but there was a nice touch that I'll try to get a shot of next time it happens: the edges of the glass faceplate do some bendy refraction I thought looked neat.

I have a screenshot somewhere from Bioshock Infinite where there was a prominent dust on the lens effect going on.

Me too!

post-8476-0-34290300-1417543137_thumb.jpg

I'll also take this opportunity to link my Steam screenshots gallery. Sometimes I get an urge to take constant shots during a game, like Infinite or Unreal 2, which I replayed recently for some reason. I also tend to make dumb comments on them, like when I played Sniper Elite V2 & Nazi Zombie Army and made a bunch of terrible action movie one-liners.

Rqc0Xg8.jpg

Despite how much I play Natural Selection 2 I rarely get to appreciate how nice it looks.

k5UB8nC.jpg

SPFp4sd.jpg

231oj1m.jpg

NGJCtx9.jpg

pG2dpz5.jpg

hiAciZg.jpg