tegan

Screenshots. Shots of your screen.

I was playing around with the Generic Downsampling Tool released by the same guy who made the Dark Souls PC fix (you can find it here).

As a result, here is a screenshot of Skyrim running at 10240 x 5760 - I am linking to it instead of posting directly, as even as a jpg it is 9mb

It's a fairly boring shot, and I ran it through a tone mapping filter just to spruce it up, but it's just fun for being kind of crazy. The game runs at about 5 fps at that resolution.

Hopefully this weekend I can take some more interesting shots of Skyrim and other games, Elite Dangerous is on my list...

Elite Dangerous can get screenies by pressing F10, or at 4x resolution by pressing Alt + F10; if you're already at 4k, you end up with a 16k picture! It would be interesting to compare your downsampling results with their tool :)

@Tundra Those spiders look ace, is finding them part of the main DLC quest or a side quest?

@DrWookie I will have to try that! At a certain image size the graphics cards VRAM would get full, but I can probably go fairly large before that happens. Also I didn't immediately see external camera controls for Elite - are there any?

Rapid fire artillery from Supreme Commander. I always loved the size of that game. As much as i like Planetary Annihilation, I wish the game would allow battles on a larger scale. I wish I could force the AI to spawn on different planets, or something.

SCarty1_zps88c37041.png

The castle town I built on my friends server. Can't wait for the next patch to come out and we bring the server back. I want to build a Meso-American pyramid as a house

2013-02-16_090620_zps22b7046e.png

Rapid fire artillery from Supreme Commander. I always loved the size of that game. As much as i like Planetary Annihilation, I wish the game would allow battles on a larger scale. I wish I could force the AI to spawn on different planets, or something.

SCarty1_zps88c37041.png

Man, that just makes me remember the joy of getting a Vulcan Cannon up in Total Annihilation without your opponent noticing.

My little gremlin greaser meets a celebrity: 

XaQNL4e.jpg

Also, he she is about to leap from floating rock to floating rock, as is her wont:

l98aC4a.jpg

That's Guild Wars 2.

The first shot's in the new desert area, Dry Top, which has an ongoing scramble to get as much done as possible before a sandstorm hits. The more that gets done, the more the hostile residents push back during the sandstorm (and the more loot they drop).

The second shot's in the Hidden Garden, a gorgeous secret area. It's high up there, so the wind blows the grass back and forth in a way that doesn't really come across in screenshots.  

I know this is ubiquitous across the internet lately, but I got the last of us Remastered on my birthday and have spent about a third of my actual play time just sitting in photo mode. The ability to stop and look at a scene really shows the amount of detail Naughty Dog puts in. Ellie and Joel are really expressive and it's not always made obvious to the player. 

THELA~84.JPG?_subject_uid=73031380&w=AAA

The%20Last%20of%20Us%E2%84%A2%20Remaster

I know this is ubiquitous across the internet lately, but I got the last of us Remastered on my birthday and have spent about a third of my actual play time just sitting in photo mode. The ability to stop and look at a scene really shows the amount of detail Naughty Dog puts in. Ellie and Joel are really expressive and it's not always made obvious to the player. 

THELA~84.JPG?_subject_uid=73031380&w=AAA

The%20Last%20of%20Us%E2%84%A2%20Remaster

Yo, those images ain't showing.

zSuQtgN.jpg

Layton preachin' it to Phoenix Wright.

TOYCqJq.jpg

Capcom really overselling Megaman Battle Network as the next big collect-em-up handheld RPG.

zSuQtgN.jpg

Layton preachin' it to Phoenix Wright.

TOYCqJq.jpg

Capcom really overselling Megaman Battle Network as the next big collect-em-up handheld RPG.

I really liked the first Battle network game, had an interesting combat system and the way they handled upgrades was really smart. Story was not so hot but you know whatever, Video Games.

I picked it up on Virtual Console recently and was surprised at how incredibly well it holds up.

I was actually just posting that to point out the Pikachu skin carpet though.

oh wow i totally did not notice that until you pointed it out just now

WOW that's awesome i love it

(Also the game really is quite good. I think I might grab it on VC, myself, eventually.)

I picked it up on Virtual Console recently and was surprised at how incredibly well it holds up.

I was actually just posting that to point out the Pikachu skin carpet though.

oh man I never noticed that! The game is super fun but I remember it being crazy long, I think I was stuck on that god damned paper crane riddle for a month. 

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

MimOSE4.jpg

I really liked this game

You really...

B)

...F'd that guy up.