Sean

Idle Thumbs DayZ Server!

Ok so the next server event should be a server-wide capture the flag, with the flag being Jake.

Whoever or whichever team has control of Jake at the end of a pre-decided period wins.

Jake streams from the idle thumbs twitch channel and can do whatever he likes. People may choose to give him things to defend himself from capture.

Ok so the next server event should be a server-wide capture the flag, with the flag being Jake.

Whoever or whichever team has control of Jake at the end of a pre-decided period wins.

Jake streams from the idle thumbs twitch channel and can do whatever he likes. People may choose to give him things to defend himself from capture.

I like this idea. 

So who shot me in the face at the end of the stream?

If you were the darker skinned dude standing next to Olly's dancing soul, then it was Victor Vanaman.

I was the girl with a cowboy hat and a bubble jacket. Sean took a couple shots at me when I was walking up. 

I thought the event was happening on Sunday night. Sounds like it already happened?

Yeah, I think it wrapped up pretty early in the afternoon (1-2ish PST?). 

I donno what other peoples experiences where, but I couldn't find the server using dayz.idlethumbs.net (maybe because I had the wrong port) or by searching for idle thumbs; the only thing that worked for me was putting in the IP that olly posted on page 1. Anyway, I was the dude in team B wearing sunglasses named Dinosaurs, and I'll probably be playing on here a bit more in the near future.

I'm Clavin on the server. From what I can tell we have a bunch of random dudes on our server at the moment who are all playing together. I ran into one of them saying Hi and being friendly. Well I guess the guy I ran into first said I was super nice to his buddies in their Skype call and since then I've been running into them one at a time. One of them said "Oh, YOU'RE CLAVIN?! Dude, you're like legend in our group now because of how nice you are! This is so awesome!" I guess being cool can get you far in DayZ. lol

So, I just started playing dayz and Ive been listening to old episodes of Idle Thumbs and just heard Sean say there was an Idle Thumbs server. so now im wondering.... is this server still around?

Would be awesome to play with some sort of community. Getting sniped or chased down by ax/crowbar wielding folks has been my experience so far in public servers.